UCS 4.3: Not Authorised to login at UCS management after changing password of the UCS server computer object in LDAP directory

Dear Community,

It appears that I locked myself out of the UCS management web GUI. My administrator password is not longer accepted: “Not Authorised.” I can still log into the console, where I set a new password for my admin user:

udm users/user modify --dn="uid=admin,cn=users,dc=domain,dc=local" --set password=xxx

I carefully checked that the password entered was correct. Nevertheless, I could still not login at the UCS management web GUI.

However, I remembered that I changed the password of the domain controller master object in the LDAP directory, via UCS management web GUI / Devices / Computers. I assume that the UCS management web GUI uses this object for LDAP authentication so that my change of the computer password broke the authentication meaningless which user tries to login.

Do you have any hints how to resolve this issue via the console? Thank you very much for your support.

Best regards,
Peter

Hi,

check this or this.

/CV

Hi,
Thank you very much. This helped a lot. The password of the computer is stored in:

/etc/machine.secret

After setting the password back to the value stored in the above-cited file, everything worked again.

Best regards,
Peter

Mastodon