Installing openntpd seems to break the installation

Hello once again. In relation to this topic https://help.univention.com/t/kdc-service-check-and-kerberos-authenticated-dns-updates-both-critical/17684/5

I guess that there is something wrong with the package management here. I had to install these packages:

atop htop iftop screen multitail iptraf bwm-ng console-data tmux wget locate openntpd

Long story short when i try to install openntpd this happens:

→ apt install openntpd
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  bc containerd docker-compose golang-docker-credential-helpers heimdal-kdc heimdal-servers ifplugd
  libapache2-mod-php7.0 libdaemon0 libio-socket-inet6-perl libkdc2-heimdal libmcrypt4 libsnmp-session-perl
  libsocket6-perl mrtg netcat-openbsd nfs-kernel-server openbsd-inetd pass php php-cgi php-common php-curl
  php-krb5 php-ldap php-mcrypt php-memcache php-xml php7.0 php7.0-cgi php7.0-cli php7.0-common php7.0-curl
  php7.0-json php7.0-ldap php7.0-mcrypt php7.0-opcache php7.0-readline php7.0-xml python-genshi python-mimeparse
  python-pygresql python-reportlab python-reportlab-accel python-ruamel.ordereddict python-ruamel.yaml
  python-trml2pdf python-typing python-univention-directory-manager-rest python-univention-directory-reports
  python-univention-pkgdb python-uritemplate python3-cached-property python3-chardet python3-docker
  python3-dockerpty python3-dockerpycreds python3-docopt python3-jsonschema python3-pkg-resources python3-requests
  python3-texttable python3-urllib3 python3-websocket python3-yaml runc simplesamlphp stunnel4 tree
  univention-directory-manager-rest univention-directory-notifier univention-directory-reports univention-firewall
  univention-heimdal-kdc univention-ifplugd univention-ldap-acl-master univention-ldap-config-master
  univention-license-import univention-maintenance univention-management-console-module-ipchange
  univention-management-console-module-udm univention-nfs-server univention-pkgdb-tools univention-portal
  univention-role-common univention-saml univention-server-overview
Use 'apt autoremove' to remove them.
The following packages will be REMOVED:
  cgroupfs-mount docker.io ntp python-univention-appcenter-docker univention-appcenter-docker univention-bind
  univention-docker univention-role-server-common univention-server-master
The following NEW packages will be installed:
  openntpd
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 9 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 62.6 kB of archives.
After this operation, 157 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n]

It seems to me that something gets broken if i install that package.

Anybody can relate?

I think uninstalling:

• univention-bind
  • univention-role-server-common
  • univention-server-master

breaks something. Can you confirm?

Thanks in advance

By default UCS already uses ntp, which is installed by default. This package conflicts with the OpenNTP package: The packages cannot be installed at the same time as both packages contain daemons, which bind to the same TCP/DUP ports. Installing OpenNTP thus would remove ntp from you system. As this package is a hard dependency of other packages, they would be removed as well. This would render your UCS system incomplete and mostly unusable.

I understand, thank you very much. I will mark this as solved and i guess i have found an explanation to this problem and to my other post.

Cheers!

Mastodon