How to install Webmin

Does anybody know how to install Webmin on UCS

Hi,

what would you want to do with Webmin?
Are there any features which are not available in the Management Console?

cheers,
Dirk

I like webmin, very easy to use, you can start, restart and stop services, check which services are running, a file manager that lets you set permissions on a file easily so you can edit it, lets you upload and download files, setup partitions on new disks, resize partitions, create raid drives, setup printers, burn CD’s

I would also like to install Openchange and Sogo, this allows an Exchange like groupware that does not require a separate connector like Zarafa does

If I remember correctly, webmin was removed from Debian due to security issues. Anyway, webmin provides an Debian package:
prdownloads.sourceforge.net/weba … 30_all.deb

You have to install some dependencies, such as libauthen-pam-perl apt-show-versions. Theses packages are only in the unmaintained repository.

An example[code]

download package

wget http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/webadmin/webmin_1.730_all.deb

activate unmaintained repository and install dependencies

ucr set repository/online/unmaintained=‘yes’
univention-install perl libnet-ssleay-perl openssl libauthen-pam-perl libpam-runtime libio-pty-perl apt-show-versions python

install webmin

dpkg -i webmin_1.730_all.deb

open port 10000

ucr set security/packetfilter/package/webmin/tcp/10000/all=ACCEPT
/etc/init.d/univention-firewall restart
[/code]

Unfortunately, if ssl is activated, webmin segfaults. SSL can be disabled in /etc/webmin/miniserv.conf but I think it is not the best idea. Maybe someone knows webmin and perl better and can have a look.

One thing webmin have that i’m missing in univention is “rsync ui” in webmin is possible schedule files backups with rsync with a graphic interface.

doxfer.webmin.com/Webmin/Cluster_Copy_Files

Mastodon