Bareos 18.2.5 availability

Hi everyone,

is there any date known, when the UCS version of Bareos will be updated from 17.xx to 18.xx ? My current centos based backup server is already running on 18.xx. Since I plan to migrate it to UCS I do not want to risk incompatibilities with the already upgraded bareos clients because if the need to downgrade to 17.xx.

Cheers

Hello @lw3234,

an update for the Bareos app to 18.2.x is currently work in progress by Bareos.

Best regards,
Nico

Hello Nico,

thanks for the information.
Does it make sense to ask for a target date ? :slight_smile:

BR,
Ludwig

Hello @lw3234,

well, you can ask for sure, but I cannot answer the question :wink:

You could use the contact information provided with the Bareos app and ask there directly.

Best regards,
Nico.

As I suspected…
I wrote an email to the contact address provided and got the following answer:

UCS Packages for 18.2. are available here:
https://download.bareos.org/bareos/release/18.2/Univention_4.3/

Is the Bareos version from the UCS Appcenter no docker container but installed native ?

• If yes, does installing Bareos from the appcenter and then manually installing the 18.2 from the given source update everything correctly or will it destroy the UCS integration ?
  • If no, why is the docker container not updated if the version already exists ?

Thx anyway.

Hello @lw3234

Bareos in Univention App Center is based on Debian packages. The app uses the default Bareos packages plus integration into UCS. For using the last major release you should wait for the app.

Best regards,
Nico

Hi, do you have a rough estimation when this will be available?

Thx and BR,
Thomas

Hello,

Unfortunately, not. If I had, I would have posted it. But, I’ve asked Bareos.

Best regards,
Nico

First release candidate of Bareos 19.2.4 just has been released, along with updates for the 18.x, 17.x and 16.x versions. Final version is expected in early 2020.
https://www.bareos.org/en/news/rc1-19.2.4-en2.html

I assume an update of the Univention version of Bareos from 17.2.6 to 17.2.8 will be available around the same time ? :wink: (sorry for the sarcasm)

1 Like