Accessing Samba Shares

I recently upgraded from my master and slaves from 4.3.0 to 4.3.4, I am not ready to upgrade to 4.4. After the upgrade, I attempted to create a new shared folder on a dc slave server. When trying to access that share it is not accepting my user name and password.

I am able to access a share on another dc slave that was set up before the upgrade and have confirmed the settings are identical.

When I SSH into the slave with the inaccessible folder and run the following command,

smbclient -U jb //$(hostname)/itadmin

I receive the following error message,

tree connect failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

These leads me to believe that it is just not liking my login credentials.

I also confirmed that the settings are the same look at the share name file, located under the shares.conf.d folder located on both slave servers, as well as when I run the getfacl command on the folders from their respective host.

Not sure what the next step is, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi,

a good start would be to check synchronization to this slave.

/CV

Thanks, Christian,
I actually ended up rejoining the slave to the domain and it seemed to work, but now my bigger issue is that I can designate users to access shares, but when I want to give a group access it is denied. I have made sure there are users apart of the specified group, but the share is not accepting my user name and password.

Any thoughts on this?

Here is a screen shot of the settings for the share.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Mastodon