Wrong mailbox server OX webmail

Users using the OX Appsuite connects to the wrong server.
The IMAP server points to my master domainserver rather than my OX mailserver.

Hey,

can you please elaborate a bit on your infrastructure? From your sparse description it sounds like you have at least two UCS servers: the DC Master and another one with the OX App Suite being installed on the other one.

m.

Correct.

Servers are placed in domain.local. I want to access OX appsuite from the internet using the URL mail.domain.net. SMTP is also using the same URL as the MX record.

I have set up a split DNS domain and this works as expected. The OX server have also Letsencrypt installed, for the moment I plan to connect the OX server to the internet using port forwarding in the firewall. Reverse proxy will be a later addition. All servers are virtual using KVM.

I had to change myhostname, myorigin and smtp_helo_name to mail.domain.net for internet applications to work as expected i.e. eM Client/Thunderbird.

OX appsuit imap settings are correct for domain.local and domain.se addresses, however users with domain.net address point the to the master domian server.

I can actually send emails between all users but replying to domain.net senders set the address to user@mail.domain.net for some reason.

I have also three maildomains domain.local (internally), domain.net and domain.se (internet).

Registering a user with user@domain.local or user@domain.se as primary email address creates the mailboxes in a correct way but once i create a user with user@domain.net or change the email address to @domain.net the mailbox goes into limbo I cannot find it, but it exists somewhere.

Hope this clarifies some.

I am an old IBM Domino dude and with Domino I have set up similar solutions on numerus occasions and architected sites with 30000+ users but Univention/OX beats me hands down.

Used the command

udm oxmail/oxdomain list

and got this result:

root@oxserver:/opt/open-xchange/etc# udm oxmail/oxdomain list

DN: cn=domain.local,cn=domain,cn=mail,dc=domain,dc=local
  name: domain.local
  oxContextName: context10
  oxImapServer: oxserver.domain.local

DN: cn=domain.net,cn=domain,cn=mail,dc=domain,dc=local
  name: domain.net
  oxImapServer: ucspdc.domain.local

DN: cn=domain-a.se,cn=domain,cn=mail,dc=domain,dc=local
  name: domain-a.se
  oxImapServer: ucspdc.domain.local.local

The last two entries were incorrect and a subsequent use of

udm oxmail/oxdomain modify ....

Corrected the oxImapServer entries and new user are now registered correctly and the Appsuite webmail setting shows the correct settings. However my old users are still showing the incorrect Imap setting in the Appsuite webmail.

How can I correct this?

OX strores the users SMTP and IMAP server as a user setting in the MySQL DB.
You can either modify existing users with /opt/open-xchange/sbin/changeuser or (safer) trigger any modification (e.g. set the user birthday) and it will be changed.
To observe the change, first run:

ucr set ox/debug/level=4
service univention-directory-listener restart

Then modify the user and read /var/log/univention/listener.log

To verify the result run:

/opt/open-xchange/sbin/listuser -c 10 -A oxadmin -P "$(</etc/ox-secrets/context10.secret)" --csv | grep THE_USERNAME

Greetings
Daniel Tröder

Thanks it works now.

The Birthday field does not trigger an update, I used alternate e-mail instead and that works.

Mastodon