Windows profile path to synlogy nas

Hi,

we use ucs as domain as active directory... we want to use roaming profiles and save them on a nas (from synology). User can login on a windows 7 machine and folder on nas will be created:

the permission are correct but windows load a temporary profile (windows event id 1526)

maybe the problem u see in first screenshot is this "Unix User"? i dont know why it set there...

im sorry, yes this error message was confusing. it doesnt depend to the main problem...

I am guessing, but I am rather sure that the NAS has a linux base and you should check the folderpermissions (getfacl, etc.) of the complete tree (from the root to the folder of the user) - the user has to be able to access every folder on this "ladder" at least in read mode.

Edit: you may need to SSH to the NAS to do this.

sure i have done this (its a synology nas)... when user is logging in, a folder for his profile will be created on the nas. the folder gots right permissions... but user gots message "temporary profil".

i checked, when i DELETE the user in ucs and create a new one its working :frowning:

EDIT: but only some days... than same issue again

yes, user can access the folder without problems

when user is logging in, a folder for his profile will be created on the nas. the folder gots right permissions...

Yes, but is the user able to reach all directories that lead to that profile-folder? So - could you ssh as the user (or ssh as root and "su user") to the nas and then cd step by step to the profile folder?

Edit: i.e.: "/root/profiles/users/erik/windows_profile" has the right permission but what about "/root/profiles", "/root/profiles/users" and "/root/profiles/users/erik"?

okay forget it, the same issue happens when i use a shared folder directly from the ucs... folder can be created but windows loads still temporary profil:

Mastodon