Windows Printing Options not working [SOLVED]

printing

Hi,

I have a bizhub C558 printer that can staple and hole punch. When using UCS as a print server, I can’t get the windows 10 desktop to use these function, even though we set them in Windows properties. Does anyone have any ideas?

Gerald

This is solved. The Minolta guy selected the wrong WIndows driver. You need the PCL driver for things to work.

Hi Gerald,

may I ask you how you connected your bizhub to your clients, directly to printer or via UCS/CUPS? If using CUPS, which PPD file do you use? We have a similar Konica and encounter some print speed issues described here:

Thanks for any hint,
Robert

Hi,

CUPS, with quota. We talk to the printer via lpd. I can’t recall which ppd I used, since I renamed it while trying to get a black and white only driver working. I’ll see if I can find it. Or I can send you our ppd (unmodified, just renamed

Gerald

Hi,

Yes, your ppd would be fine for testing or comparison. I found newer ppd files for your model c558:
https://www.konicaminolta.at/de/business-solutions/produkte/multifunktionssysteme/farbe/bizhub-c558/services-downloads.html

For our c220 the newest ppd is from 2011 and driver from 2015. Which (exact) driver do you use at your Win clients?

TIA,
Robert