Windows Clients No Logon Server Help

Good day. I am still very new to UCS having inherited it after taking this job and have run into a very troubling issue. Let me first say that from what little experience I have had with USC it has been positive until today that is. I will be honest I am somewhat freaked out as to what to do so I hope someone here might be of help.

Hours ago at the time of this post we recovered from a power outage and everything seemed to be going well bringing the VM servers back online followed by the end use systems. Once all the server were finished I began to reboot the end user computers. After getting back to my desk I was unable to login and received the error that there were no logon servers available.

It seems to be passing along dns traffic to the internet as I have no issues there, like wise I noted that a second internal dns address used for internal websites myoffice.com is routing correctly and I can go to it with no issue but not teh UCS Master or Slave, nor am I able to access any site that was used on the master (main) domain asdf.com.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated and if there is any more info that might help please let me know.

System Diagnostic

–CRITICAL: KDC service check
No reachable KDCs were found.

–CRITICAL: Check kerberos authenticated DNS updates
Errors occured while running kinit or nsupdate.
nsupdate check for domain asdf.com failed.
nsupdate check for domain asdf.com failed.

–WARNING: Check file permissions
File ‘/etc/univention/ssl’ has mode 775, 755 was expected.
File ‘/var/cache/univention-virtual-machine-manager-daemon’ has mode 755, 700 was expected.

–WARNING: Check Samba replication status for errors
samba-tool drs showrepl returned a problem with the replication.
Inbound ‘DC=ForestDnsZones,DC=asdf,DC=com’: error during DRS replication from Default-First-Site-Name/UCSB (WERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)
Inbound ‘DC=DomainDnsZones,DC=asdf,DC=com’: error during DRS replication from Default-First-Site-Name/UCSB (WERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)
Inbound ‘DC=asdf,DC=com’: error during DRS replication from Default-First-Site-Name/UCSB (WERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)
Inbound ‘CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=asdf,DC=com’: error during DRS replication from Default-First-Site-Name/UCSB (WERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)
Inbound ‘CN=Configuration,DC=asdf,DC=com’: error during DRS replication from Default-First-Site-Name/UCSB (WERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)

–WARNING: S4 Connector rejects
Found 1 UCS rejects and 0 S4 rejects. See Univention Support Database - How to deal with s4-connector rejects for more information.
UCS rejected:
UCS DN: relativeDomainName=@,zoneName=asdf.com,cn=dns,dc=asdf,dc=com, S4 DN: not found, Filename: /var/lib/univention-connector/s4/1506442293.706318

-There were aclso CRITIAL issues with SSH connection to UCS server failed
The ssh connection to at least one other UCS server failed. The following list shows the affected remote servers and the reason for the failed ssh connection: ucsb - [Errno -2] Name or service not known ucsb.asdf.com - [Errno -2] Name or service not known

Posibley unrelated but the following services are not running. In a childish attemp at some head way I did try to start them but they would not start.
nfs-kernal-server
univention-welcome-screen

Hey,

this sounds like a DNS server issue. Please try the following commands and post their output:

1. ucr get dns/backend
  2. pgrep -l smbd
  3. pgrep -l nmbd
  4. smbclient -NL $( hostname ) and smbclient -NL $( hostname -f ) (only need the output of the second if it diverges significantly from first command’s output)
  5. lsof -PniUDP:53

Let’s see what we can learn from the output and take it from there.

Kind regards,
mosu

Mastodon