Windows 10 join Univention domain controller!

Hello,

have installed an new Univebtion Corpate Server ysterday.
How can do for my Windows 10 client join.
Must well put in an dns ip adress in windows 10 networks settings.
my domain is olssondata.intranet tryed ping from my windows 10 computer but could not ping that domain.
how can fix that.
hope some understand my questing…

You need to set on windows client stations first DNS same address as your DC has. Clients and DC must be of course in the same network.

After that reboot station and check ping to olssondata.intranet - should work!

So set on my Windows client DC dns adress then reboot will try see if help

tryed put that dns ip adress for my DC in my windows 10 networks settings but not working but will searching another solutions later today

tryed join my Univention Server but get these info:
Note: This information is intended for a network administrator. If you are not your network’s administrator, notify the administrator that you have received this information, which has been recorded in the file C:\WINDOWS\debug\dcdiag.txt.

The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the service location (SRV) resource record used to locate an Active Directory Domain Controller (AD DC) for domain “olssondata.intranet”:

The error was: “DNS name does not exist.”
(error code 0x0000232B RCODE_NAME_ERROR)

The query was for the SRV record for _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.olssondata.intranet

Common causes of this error include the following:

• The DNS SRV records required to locate an AD DC for the domain are not registered in DNS. These records are registered with a DNS server automatically when an AD DC is added to a domain. They are updated by the AD DC at set intervals. This computer is configured to use DNS servers with the following IP addresses:

• One or more of the following zones do not include delegation to its child zone:

olssondata.intranet
intranet
. (the root zone)

is well try fix on my server first

The answer likely lies in the following part of the message:

Your system randomly selects either 192.168.0.29 (I guess your UCS DC) or 8.8.8.8 which is Google’s DNS. Google DNS cannot resolve your internal hostnames and hence it cannot find the required SRV record to discover AD Domain controllers.

You can only configuret DNS servers on your clients that are able to resolve your internal domains to avoid problems.

Try the following thing to verify that 192.168.0.29 is able to resolve the specified DNS record:

nslookup -querytype=SRV _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.olssondata.intranet 192.168.0.29

With the IP at the end you can forcefully send the DNS lookup to that IP of your first DNS server your computer is configured. If it doesn’t return an empty answer, this is your UCS DC. It also indicates that the DNS configuration on the UCS side likely is OK.

You’ll have to remove Google DNS from that system for a Domain join to work.

hey,
installed that system on computer before was on hyper-v
but get these error
DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
Server: UnKnown
Address: 192.168.0.20

DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
*** Request to UnKnown timed-out
I think must remove google dns

I are happy now, fixed that have an vpn connect to internet was could add an web domain bypass.
Added that web and DC adress in there now working to ping my server

Hi everyone, I was facing similar problems and realized that you need to install the “Active Directory” App, from App Center. After installing it, the domain join for Windows Stations (Windows 10) worked just fine.

Mastodon