Welche Serverrolle für eine Nextcloud Installation

Ich habe einen UCS Server mit Kopano mit etwa 20 Mailpostfächern, zusätzlich möchte ich Nextcloud installieren. Da ich das ungern auf der Server mit Kopano laufen lassen möchte, wollte ich einen zweiten Server isntallieren (als VM).

Welche Serverrolle wähle ich für den zweiten Server? Ich möchte halt sowbald mal probleme mit dem ersten Server bestehen, dass der zweite Server weiterhin funkioniert. Falls ich die Rolle Memberserver wähle, wird vermutlich dieser nicht mehr funktionieren, sobald mein server 1 mal ausfällt.

Now the same in English
I have a UCS server with Kopano with around 20 mailboxes, and I would also like to install Nextcloud. Since I don’t want to run this on the server with Kopano, I wanted to install a second server (as a VM). Which server role do I choose for the second server? I would like to have problems with the first server as soon as possible so that the second server continues to work. If I choose the role of member server, it will probably no longer work as soon as my server fails once. Already had one or the other time that I had to set up server 1 again because there were problems with the database. I would therefore like to separate it on two servers, which can also run separately from each other if necessary, but would also like to maintain the users only once and also be able to access the Nextcloud via server 1 from the outside. How did you do that?

If Server1 (Master) fails you will always have to act because Kopano etc. will not work anymore. No matter which role you install Server2 (Nextcloud) with.

I personally used the role “Member” for NC.

I would consider the way between the two systems. In the same local area network you can easily take a member server/managed node. If the distance is longer and you are not sure if the master/primary server is always in reach, then take the slave server /replication node.
Another reason to just take a member server would be I guess if you use saml as Id-provider.

Ich habe mich nun für die Rolle Member Server entschieden für meine Nextcloud Installation.

Mein Server 1 (Kopano) ist über den Port 443 aus dem Internet erreichbar www.server.de/webapp/.
Der Memberserver ist am gleichen Internetanschluss, aber für den habe ich ja den port 443 nicht mehr frei, kann ich den dann trotzdem über den port 443 vom Server 1 erreichen so z. B. www.server.de/nextcloud/ obwohl das auf der zweiten virtuellen maschine läuft?

I have now decided on the role of Member Server for my Nextcloud installation.

My server 1 (Kopano) can be reached from the Internet via port 443 www.server.de/webapp/.
The member server is on the same Internet connection, but I no longer have port 443 free for it. I can still reach it via port 443 from server 1. B. www.server.de/nextcloud/ even though it is running on the second virtual machine?

Da brauchst du einen Reverse Proxy. Dieser lässt sich relativ einfach mit einem Nginx Server aufbauen.

Wenn der Reverse Proxy korrekt installiert und grundlegend konfiguriert wurde, muss die Portweiterleitung auf den Server zeigen. Von da aus wird dann an Kopano und Nextcloud weitergeleitet.

You can ad the location /nextcloud to your 1st server (kopano)

add an apache2 site config file in /etc/apache2/sites-available/ for example nextcloud.conf
with this input:

<location /nextcloud>
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
        ProxyPass https://internal-nextcloud-server-dns-or-IP/nextcloud max=20 flushpackets=on
        ProxyPassReverse https://internal-nextcloud-server-dns-or-IP/nextcloud
</Location>

then
a2ensite nextcloud.conf
systemctl reload apache2.service

so your apache server acts as reverse proxy
rg
Christian

Kann ich den Reverse Proxy auch unter meinem UCS Server also meinem Hauptserver laufen lassen und hier Nginx installieren?

ich werd mal die anleitung von @externa1 probieren, die klingt gut :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does this proxy-setting also work with Letsencrypt on the Nextcloud server?

YES

you need to install lets encrypt app from appcenter on main webserver (in this case kopano server) and have port 80 and 443 open to the server

rg
christian

So das mit dem Reverse Proxy hat super geklappt, die Verbindung über HTTPS: klappt wurderbar, nur ist nextcloud auf dem Meberserver unheimlich langsam:-(
Ich hatte Nextcloud ja mal auf dem Hautpserver installiert, da war Nextcloud sehr schnell. Am Appache Log ist nichts uzu erkennen, es kommen auch keine Fehlermeldungen.

So that with the reverse proxy worked great, the connection via HTTPS: worked, only nextcloud is incredibly slow on the meberserver :frowning:
I once installed Nextcloud on the main server, and Nextcloud was very fast. Nothing can be seen on the Appache log, and there are no error messages.

Did you also check nexcloud.log?
Did you also test Nexcloud on the member server by direct access to the member server?.

Mastodon