Webinterface not available since Update to UCS 4.2-1

Hey,

thanks for the explanation. Changing the IP address is definitely possible, I was just a bit confused. So your new server ucs-2018a currently has IP address 192.168.100.3, right?

Alright, next question. You’re talking about host names such as ucs-2018a.baer.internal. However, in your answer to one of the commands I’ve asked you to run there’s an SSL certificate shown, and that SSL certificate is created for the name ucs-2018a.baer.group (.internal vs .group). Did you, at any point, try to change the domain name of the server? Because that won’t work. You can change a machine’s IP address, sure, but you cannot really change the domain name or the LDAP base DN.

Please post the output of the following commands:

ucr get ldap/base
ucr get domainname

Kind regards,
mosu

Hi mosu,

it was the whole time .group. I never changed the LDAP.
I read a lot of topics before I created this one and I felt that other chat members always changed their host names to protect their identity. Because of this I tried to do the same.
I replaced in every output group with internal.

But you got me know :see_no_evil:. I don´t know how you did it, because in the certificate output I can not find .group.
This is my first topic in a chat room because I am quite cautious.

I do apologize for my error if this was a cause of delaying the progress of this topic.

root@ucs-2018a:~# ucr get ldap/base
dc=baer,dc=group
root@ucs-2018a:~# ucr get domainname
baer.group

Hope you guys are still willing lend me a hand with my problem.

SKIP300

PS: To my knowledge there are no more hidden secrets.

Hey,

I see. Makes sense. I can understand the wish to reveal as little internal information as possible, but it can make debugging harder (not just in this case, I’ve had that happen quite often here in the forum). Alright, so the certificate looks OK then.

Let’s get back to the original issue. Let’s see what error messages occur at the moment.

Please try loggin in. That will most likely not work.

Next look at the log files in /var/log/univention. Which files have been modified since you tried the login? You can list all files in that directory sorted by modification time with the newest files at the bottom with the following command: ls -lart /var/log/univention. Then upload those files that have been modified since your login attempt here.

Kind regards,
mosu

Mastodon