USB keyboard not working after upgrade to UCS 4.1

I did upgrade to UCS 4.1 and now I cant boot my server when I try to boot with 4.1 kernel. I use USB keyboard to input LUKS key at boot time but no keyboard works, I tried several.
I can boot same system with previous kernel 3.?

How can fix this?

You could try forcing the required modules to be loaded from the initial ramdisk as it sounds that autodetection is failing for some reason.

On your server, as root, enter the following two commands:

ucr set kernel/modules="$(ucr get kernel/modules);usbhid" update-initramfs -k all -u

The first one adds the “usbhid” kernel module to /etc/modules and the second re-builds all configured initial ramdisks.

Please post the full output of the second command here.

If the second command completes without an error then you can try booting with the 4.1 kernel again.

root@lkdc1:~# update-initramfs -k all -u update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-4.1.0-ucs163-amd64 W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8107e-2.fw for module r8169 W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8107e-1.fw for module r8169 W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8168h-2.fw for module r8169 W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8168h-1.fw for module r8169 cryptsetup: WARNING: target sda5_crypt uses a key file, skipped cryptsetup: WARNING: target sda5_crypt uses a key file, skipped /etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz does not exist. update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-4.1.0-ucs153-amd64 W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8107e-2.fw for module r8169 W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8107e-1.fw for module r8169 W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8168h-2.fw for module r8169 W: Possible missing firmware /lib/firmware/rtl_nic/rtl8168h-1.fw for module r8169 cryptsetup: WARNING: target sda5_crypt uses a key file, skipped cryptsetup: WARNING: target sda5_crypt uses a key file, skipped /etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz does not exist. update-initramfs: Generating /boot/initrd.img-3.16.0-ucs135-amd64 cryptsetup: WARNING: target sda5_crypt uses a key file, skipped cryptsetup: WARNING: target sda5_crypt uses a key file, skipped /etc/console/boottime.kmap.gz does not exist.

Have you tried what I suggested? Adding the usbhid module to the appropriate variable? Does the keyboard work with the new kernel now, or are you still using the old one?

it did not help and i have since moved to vmware, where i have no such problem

Mastodon