Upgrading to php7.1

Hi there,

I’m trying to upgrade my php to 7.1 since SuiteCRM recommends it. Do you have a way to do that. I’ve tried various ways highlighted online, such as here

All the directions I could find seem to follow this theme but there is no package for univention findable with this method. What do you suggest?

Thanks,
Orri

I am struggling with the same issue too!

Regards,

Peter

Hi,

UCS 4.4 is based on Debian Stretch. As far as I know, Univention does not provide a repository for PHP 7.1. SuiteCRM is installable via the App Center. Is this version affected? Or do you try to install the newest version of SuiteCRM that you downloaded from their site directly on UCS?

Kind regards,
Dirk

Hi Dirk,

Thank you for your help! Please let me elaborate a bit. I need php >=7.1 for installing Kimai, not for SugarCRM. I just can’t get it done in ways alike described here. These are the errors:

$ sudo apt-get update
E: The repository ‘https://packages.sury.org/php Blumenthal Release’ does not have a Release file.
N: Updating from such a repository can’t be done securely, and is therefore disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration details.

$ sudo apt-get install -y php7.3 php7.3-cli php7.3-common
Reading package lists… Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information… Done
E: Unable to locate package php7.3
E: Couldn’t find any package by glob ‘php7.3’
E: Couldn’t find any package by regex ‘php7.3’
E: Unable to locate package php7.3-cli
E: Couldn’t find any package by glob ‘php7.3-cli’
E: Couldn’t find any package by regex ‘php7.3-cli’
E: Unable to locate package php7.3-common
E: Couldn’t find any package by glob ‘php7.3-common’
E: Couldn’t find any package by regex ‘php7.3-common’

What am I doing wrong? Is there any other way or should I better not install Kimai in an Univention environment?

Regards,

Peter

It’s probably better to run Kimai in Docker, mixing in foreign packages is bound to cause problems later on.

https://www.kimai.org/documentation/docker.html#production-docker has instructions.

Hi fbartels,

I really appreciatie your help! Docker itself is new to me (Docker as in Univention’s App Centre I know of course). I played a bit in the sandbox but the tobybatch instructions are quite concise. I tried to compose a docker for mySQL but this ended in
ERROR: build path /home/***/compose either does not exist, is not accessible, or is not a valid URL.

Next to that, should I clone the kimai2 code in /opt/kimai? And how should I proceed then?

Regards,

Peter

Hi @peer,

I must say I have not yet tried Kimai myself. What would you be willing to invest to get a script that setups up Kimai in Docker on UCS (Setup Forward in UCS for it, use MySQL on UCS, potentially even LDAP and mail)?

The script could work similar to https://github.com/fbartels/univention-bitwarden and would afterwards be available for everyone as well.

PM me if you are interested.

Hi @fbartels,

I’am interested. Yet I just can’t find compose PM on univention help…

Regards,

Peter

Mastodon