Upgrade OX fails on UCS4.1-4

Hi anybody,

I tried to install the univention-ox packages 7.8.2-4-ucs6. The OX System is a DC-Slave with UCS4.1-4 installed. Our UCS DCs are already on 4.2-1. During the installation via univention-upgrade I recognized an error message in /var/log/univention/updater.log

OX App Suite: Version 7.8.2-4-ucs5 can be upgraded to 7.8.2-4-ucs6
Starting univention-app upgrade at Sat Jul  1 09:59:41 2017...
tarting univention-upgrade. Current UCS version is 4.1-4 errata435

Calling /usr/sbin/univention-ssh /tmp/tmpsV3ZNP root@dcmaster univention-app install oxseforucs=7.8.2-4-ucs6 --only-master-packages --noninteractive --do-not-send-info
2017-07-01 10:26:40,381 DEBUG:univention.appcenter.actions.upgrade:Calling /usr/sbin/univention-ssh /tmp/tmpsV3ZNP root@dcmaster univention-app install oxseforucs=7.8.2-4-ucs6 --only-master-packages --noninteractive --do-not-send-info
Permission denied, please try again.
2017-07-01 10:26:43,762 WARNING:univention.appcenter.actions.upgrade:Permission denied, please try again.
Permission denied, please try again.
2017-07-01 10:26:46,243 WARNING:univention.appcenter.actions.upgrade:Permission denied, please try again.
Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password).
2017-07-01 10:26:48,120 WARNING:univention.appcenter.actions.upgrade:Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,password).
Installing master packages for oxseforucs on dcmaster failed!
2017-07-01 10:26:48,195 WARNING:univention.appcenter.actions.upgrade:Installing master packages for oxseforucs on dcmaster failed!
Installing some packages of oxseforucs on dcbackup
2017-07-01 10:26:48,195 INFO:univention.appcenter.actions.upgrade:Installing some packages of oxseforucs on dcbackup
Calling /usr/sbin/univention-ssh /tmp/tmpS4iAsS root@dcbackup univention-app install oxseforucs=7.8.2-4-ucs6 --only-master-packages --noninteractive --do-not-send-info
2017-07-01 10:26:56,550 DEBUG:univention.appcenter.actions.upgrade:Calling /usr/sbin/univention-ssh /tmp/tmpS4iAsS root@dcbackup univention-app install oxseforucs=7.8.2-4-ucs6 --only-master-packages --noninteractive --do-not-send-info
Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,keyboard-interactive).
2017-07-01 10:27:04,426 WARNING:univention.appcenter.actions.upgrade:Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,keyboard-interactive).
Installing master packages for oxseforucs on dcbackup failed!
2017-07-01 10:27:04,565 WARNING:univention.appcenter.actions.upgrade:Installing master packages for oxseforucs on dcbackupfailed!

Besides that, the packages on the oxserver (dc-slave) seemed to be installed successfully. Well, I run the univention-run-join-scripts, but this failed:

Waiting for activation of the extension object oxmail/oxdomain:.........................................................ERROR: Master did not mark the extension object active within 180 seconds.
ERROR
ucs_registerLDAPExtension: registraton of /usr/share/univention-ox/udm/oxmail/oxdomain.py failed.
65univention-ox.inst: Failed to register LDAP module.
EXITCODE=1

I was surprised, that the slave could not login to any domain controller. So I checked that. Login to the DC via root: worked fine. Hmm. After that I tried to run the univention-app command on the dcmaster manually.

#univention-app install oxseforucs=7.8.2-4-ucs6 --only-master-packages --noninteractive --do-not-send-info
Going to install OX App Suite (7.8.2-4-ucs6)
(must_have_fitting_ucs_version) The application requires UCS version 4.1.
Unable to install oxseforucs. Aborting...

In that situation I am asking myself: is it a good idea to upgrade the ox DC-Slave to UCS4.2 (ignoring that issue)?

Cheers

Sebastian

If it is possible to upgrade the dc slave, that should solve the issue.
Both master and slave would then upgrade OX to 7.8.3 (and soon 7.8.4).

Greetings
Daniel

Hello again,

in our test-environment I tried to upgrade to OX 7.8.4. The server is a ucs 4.2.0. The installation itself seems to end successful. Running univention-run-join-scripts still runs into the error code I mentioned above:

Waiting for activation of the extension object oxmail/oxdomain:.........................................................ERROR: Master did not mark the extension object active within 180 seconds.
ERROR
ucs_registerLDAPExtension: registraton of /usr/share/univention-ox/udm/oxmail/oxdomain.py failed.
65univention-ox.inst: Failed to register LDAP module.
EXITCODE=1

Good Morning audiolinux,
take a look into the listener.log file, to get more precise information about the situation.

sudo less /var/log/univention/listener.log
or
sudo tail /var/log/univention/listener.log

You can then send the log information.

Greetings
Anna Takang

Mastodon