Upgrade from 4.4.8 to 5.0 - apps not compatible, yet

8 weeks later and still no Kopano Core?

1 Like

Hallo,

in the meantime, I am also a little worried.

We have been in the situation several times where an app had not yet been ported to the next UCS version, but the old UCS version had already been out of the support period.

With 4.4-8, we are now at errata 1026 and there is still no news about the standard configuration with Kopano.

Nevertheless, it is already an effort for the system administrators, since unfortunately Nagios has also been dropped (without replacement?) and must be uninstalled manually

Best regards,
TP

1 Like

OpenVPN4UCS will be available soon on UCS 5.0. Unfortunately it took us longer than expected to make the necessary adjustments, v5 is quite a big leap and there a plenty major changes in the background.

1 Like

That’s good to hear!

A head’s up from Kopano would be appreciated from the community.

How is going with OX Suite when will that be ready for ucs 5.0

Exist some news about Kopano und UCS 5?

1 Like

I have contact the kopano support. It will probably take some time. Probably 5.1 or 5.0.1

1 Like

At least there’s some news.
Everything cometh to Him who can wait.

1 Like
  • Kopano
  • Bareos
  • Pascom

It would be helpful to be given a rough timetable by the providers.

1 Like

Hey Guys,
any timeline for pascom app?

Hallo zusammen,

wir haben uns mit Univention unterhalten. Einige Apps, darunter unsere, wurden noch nicht auf UCS 5 angehoben. GrundsĂ€tzlich ist unsere App hier kompatibel. Wir mĂŒssen also auf Univention warten bis unsere App fĂŒr UCS 5 verfĂŒgbar ist. Einen genauen Zeitplan konnte mir Univention dafĂŒr leider nicht nennen.

Best regards

What about Maildisclaimer App?
Are there any hope of seeing this app updated for 5.0?

Hi, is there any timeline for the OX App?

maildisclaimer app is in general no more developed by the vendor bitbone and therefor would not be in the app store in UCS 5

i tested https://www.mshsoftware.com/disclaimer-and-signatures.html as an alternative

rg
Christian

Hello there,

i just wanted to ask if there will be an App Update for the Microsoft / Office 365 Connector for the 5.0 Version? Would be great to get some kind of update on this topic.

Thank you and cheers!

Another month has gone by and there is still no news about Kopano, although it was announced a long time ago that the tests for UCS 5 were advanced
 :thinking:

In order to avoid a nasty surprise, we ask for appropriate advance notice so that we can switch to other products if - according to the current impression - nothing really progresses here!

1 Like

Hello Andreas_T , I had seen your question last week once enclosed an “answer” :slight_smile:

The following app have just been updated in the Univention App Center for UCS 4.4
updated:

OX App Suite 7.10.5-ucs4
This version in UCS 4.4 prepares for the upgrade to UCS 5.0.
(Adjustments to Documents and Guard were not necessary).
The following apps were updated for UCS 5.0 in the Univention App Center:

OX App Suite 7.10.5-ucs4
OX Documents 7.10.5-ucs1
OX Guard 2.10.5-ucs1
In these versions, the Python code of the apps for UCS 5.0 was migrated to
Python 3 and imported the Buster version of the OX binaries.

1 Like

Still no news regarding Kopano?

2 Likes

Sorry for he late reply but not yet.

An approximate timeframe would be very nice :wink:

Will be interesting for all those who use UCS free. After all, you don’t get any updates after half a year. But I can’t update because Kopano is not yet available in this version. With Kopano I pay but also privately my subscription.

1 Like
Mastodon