Upgrade 4.2 to 4.3 doesn't works

Hi,

Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
Custom preupdate script /var/lib/local-preup.sh not found
dpkg : avertissement : requête ignorée : suppression de univention-config-wrapper, qui n’est pas installé
Checking for space on /var/cache/apt/archives: OK
Checking for space on /boot: OK
Checking for space on /: OK
WARNING: PostgreSQL-9.1 is no longer supported by UCS-4.3 and must be migrated to
a newer version of PostgreSQL. See https://help.univention.com/t/8073 for
more details.
Error: Update aborted by pre-update script of release 4.3-0

So, I’m go here: Updating from PostgreSQL 9.1 to PostgreSQL 9.4
I login to SU user then:

1. First command in UCS console: “modification not permitted” for “[ -f /usr/sbin/univention-pkgdb-scan ] && chmod -x /usr/sbin/univention-pkgdb-scan”
  2. And “command not found” for “service postgresql stop”?!

Did I miss something?

Thanks.

Hi, the message “modification not permitted” indicates that the command has not been run as root.

Hi,

Yes, with sudo (success login) and the “Administrator” super-admin account (just renamed after installation):

sudo [ -f /usr/sbin/univention-pkgdb-scan ] && chmod -x /usr/sbin/univention-pkgdb-scan

Result: “Operation not permitted”. I would like understand…

Hey,

prefxing a line with sudo doesn’t cause the whole line to be executed as root, but only the first command within that line. The && separates two commands, meaning the [ test is run as root whereas the chmod command is run as the unprivileged user again.

It’s easier to start a shell with sudo -i as root and then to execute all the commands in the migration guide.

Kind regards
mosu

Indeed, I didn’t know.

It’s very useful, thank you!

But after upgrade, my Nextcloud instance is no longer accessible (HTTP ERROR 500).
OpenProject and Mattermost instances are still accessible.

Ho to access system log file? (all topics I found are in German, I don’t understand anything)

Thanks.

Hey,

Do you mean “after upgrading PostgreSQL” or did you upgrade other things as well?

Can you please run the following commands as root (just like before: by starting sudo -i and pasting the commands in that shell) and paste their output here:

lsof -PniTCP -sTCP:LISTEN|grep '543[0-9]'
grep -H '543[0-9]' /etc/postgresql/*/main/postgresql.conf
printf '\\l\n\\du' | sudo -u postgres -i psql template1

Kind regards
mosu

Yes, is after upgrading PostgreSQL and upgrade to 4.3-0 then 4.3-1 didn’t solve the problem.
Not resolved but a little bit more explicit error message displayed now:

Where is this famous log?

Thank you again.

Mastodon