Update UCS with Owncloud 9

UCS shows an update notification with the following content:

“Die momentan installierte Version ist 4.1-4 errata408.
Weitere Releaseupdates sind verfügbar, können jedoch nicht installiert werden. Die momentan installierte Version der Applikation ownCloud 9.0 ist nicht verfügbar für alle neueren UCS Releases. Sie können auf die Veröffentlichung der App für die neue UCS Version warten. Sie können auch im Modul “App Center” nach Alternativen suchen oder die Applikation deinstallieren.”

english:
There are updates available but you cannot install them because of running owncloud 9.0, please disable or uninstall it.

How can I update UCS and owncloud 9.1?

Hello and welcome :balloon:

I wonder how you got there :thinking: As far as I know, we offer owncloud 8.2 as non-docker app and 9.1 as docker app (official migration path still pending :construction: ), but no 9.0 (I might be mistaken, though). How to proceed depends on what version you are actually running. Could you please run these commands and post the results here?

univention-app info

and

univention-app list owncloud82

Best regards,
Michael Grandjean

Hi, i’ve a similar problem on my UCS server with ownCloud 8.2. Trying to upgrade to UCS 4.2 I have this message:

The currently installed release version is 4.1-4 errata408.
Further release updates are available but cannot be installed. The currently installed version of the application ownCloud 8.2 is not available for all newer UCS releases. You may wait for the app to be released for the new UCS version. Using the “App Center” module, you may also search for alternative apps or uninstall the application.

What can I do?
Thanks.

Hello @miclan, welcome to Univention Help :balloon:

ownCloud is going to provide a migration path from the non-docker App ownCloud 8.2 to the dockerized App ownCloud 9.1 shortly. You need to do this migration on UCS 4.1. Afterwards you will be able to upgrade to UCS 4.2. I will keep you informed when the migration path is available.

Best regards,
Michael Grandjean

Here are my outputs:

root@Server:~# univention-app info
UCS: 4.1-4 errata408
App Center compatibility: 4
Installed: fetchmail=6.3.21 iku-av-mail=1.0-4 kopano-core=8.1.1.10-8.1-2 kopano-webapp=3.2.0.335-19.1 kopano-webmeetings=3.0.0.36 owncloud82=9.0.6 self-service=1.0 z-push-kopano=2.3.5
Upgradable: owncloud82

root@Server:~# univention-app list owncloud82
owncloud82
  Name: ownCloud
  Versions:
    8.2.1-1
    8.2.2-1
    8.2.9-it25
      Installed: Servername.Firmenname.intranet
    9.1.1-20170120
    9.1.1-20170314
    9.1.1-migration
    9.1.4-20170330

This is obviously not the appcenter for production. You have switched to the testing appcenter a while ago. Thats why you see the not dockerized 9.0.6 which was provided by us (it25) but not used by ownCloud for the upgrade path as initially discussed.

Switching back to the default appcenter is easy, just add a “–revert” to the commandline you used to enable appcenter-test. But I have no idea how to upgrade from here. The upgrade path is a SEP, I cant see it :wink:

It worked, thank you.

Hello,

The migration path from ownCloud 8.2 to ownCloud 9.1 (dockerized) is actually going via ownCloud 9.0.6. The migration guide has gone through our internal testing this week and some minor glitches have been found. I hope the migration guide can be published next week and it closes the upgrade path question.

Best regards,
Nico

2 Likes

Okay, owncloud is running like a charm in docker but update process tells me the following:

13.04.17 17:16:19.039 DEBUG_INIT
**** Starting univention-updater with parameter=['/usr/share/univention-updater/univention-updater', 'net', '--updateto', '4.2-0', '--ignoressh', '--ignoreterm']
Version=4.1
Patchlevel=4
starting net mode
--->DBG:update_available(mode=net, cdrom_mount_point=/media/cdrom, iso=None)
Checking network repository
Update to = 4.2-0
**** Downloading scripts at Thu Apr 13 17:16:21 2017
**** Starting actual update at Thu Apr 13 17:16:22 2017
Running preup.sh script
Do 13. Apr 17:16:22 CEST 2017

HINT:
Please check the release notes carefully BEFORE updating to UCS 4.2-0:
English version: https://docs.software-univention.de/release-notes-4.2-0-en.html
German version: https://docs.software-univention.de/release-notes-4.2-0-de.html

Please also consider documents of following release updates and
3rd party components.

Do you want to continue [Y/n]?
Custom preupdate script /var/lib/local-preup.sh not found
Checking for space on /var/cache/apt/archives: OK
Checking for space on /boot: OK
Checking for space on /: OK
Checking for package status: OK
Checking LDAP schema: 58ef9646 OVER: Loading Translog Overlay
58ef9646 OVER: db_init
58ef9646 OVER: Configuring Translog Overlay
58ef9646 OVER: Configured Translog Overlay to use file "/var/lib/univention-ldap/listener/listener"
58ef9646 /etc/ldap/slapd.conf: line 219: rootdn is always granted unlimited privileges.
58ef9646 OVER: db_close
58ef9646 OVER: db_destroy
OK
ERROR: The UCS 4.2 update is not yet available for UCS app appliances.
Please try to update your system to UCS 4.2 at a later point.
Error: Update aborted by pre-update script of release 4.2-0

unfortunatly, for your appliance the update is not released yet. Please try the update at a later point.

Why are updates suggested if they are not applicable to my system?

any news when it will be available? Is it possible to find out which app is responsible for this message?

Any news about the migration path?

Hello @Grandjean, I’m still waiting for the migration path (from non docker App owncloud 8.2 to the dockerized App ownCloud 9.1). When will be available? Thanks!

Me too. Upgrading ownCoud is highly recommended since I can’t upgrade my UCS-Server without that and 8.2 will soon be a security risk.

Side-question: is ist possible to upgrade master and Backup to 4.2. and leave the owncloud-server untouched until migration is possible?

I am waiting, too. :confused: I will ping the people in charge.

Yes, that’s totally possible. UCS 4.2 and 4.1 should peacefully coexist in the same domain. The only hard restriction: UCS Master must be the most up-to-date system (Master must be updated first, you cannot and should not update e.g. a UCS Backup or Slave before updating the Master). I also recommend to keep the systems that run as Samba AD DCs at the same version, but that is not a requirement.

ownCloud App updates have just been published. A migration from owncloud 8.2 to owncloud 9.1 should now be possible via the UMC App Center

2 Likes

This is really great. I would like to add that it is now possible to not only upgrade to ownCloud 9.1, but also resolve the requirement for upgrading the underlying UCS 4.1 to UCS 4.2.

Users with ownCloud 8.2 on UCS 4.1 will now see an update available in the App Center. First, the app will be updated to ownCloud 9.0.6. Then the migration guide linked by the App Center has to be followed. Result will be ownCloud 9.1.4 as dockerized app. It is very important to follow the instructions in the App Center and in the migration guide.

Having ownCloud 9.1.4 on your UCS 4.1 the upgrade to UCS 4.2 will no longer be blocked by the system.

I dont see this Guide. After upgrading to ownCloud 9.0.6 the App Center offers to upgrade directly. A popup showing me some Relnotes of 9.1.4, followed by a popup notifying that Docker is used.
Finally…

14.06.17 16:49:39.430  MODULE      ( PROCESS ) : Die Ausführung des Kommandos appcenter/docker/progress ist fehlgeschlagen:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/univention/management/console/base.py", line 281, in execute
    function(self, request)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/univention/management/console/modules/decorators.py", line 318, in _response
    result = _multi_response(self, request)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/univention/management/console/modules/decorators.py", line 462, in _response
    return list(function(self, iterator, *nones))
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/univention/management/console/modules/decorators.py", line 284, in _fake_func
    yield function(self, *args)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/univention/management/console/modules/mixins.py", line 149, in progress
    ret = progress_obj.poll()
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/univention/management/console/modules/decorators.py", line 309, in _thread
    result = _multi_response(self, request)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/univention/management/console/modules/decorators.py", line 462, in _response
    return list(function(self, iterator, *nones))
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/univention/management/console/modules/decorators.py", line 284, in _fake_func
    yield function(self, *args)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/univention/management/console/modules/appcenter/__init__.py", line 340, in invoke_docker
    progress.title = _('%s: Running tests') % (app.name,)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'name'

I tested the update after it was announced today, i currently do not think that there is a general error. The traceback has been logged before: https://forge.univention.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=44384 Unfortunately, there is not much additional information at the bug report at the moment. Which UCS version + erratalevel are you using? Does an explicit univention-app update and reopening the app center module help?

Mastodon