Update to 4.3.1 -> Error: Failed to execute "apt-get update"

My Server showed an update to UCS 4.3.1, but when I tried to make the update, I got following error:
Error: Failed to execute "apt-get update"

I logged into the server via SSH and did:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

without any errors.

Afterwards I tried to make the upgrade again via the UCS software update page and got again:
Error: Failed to execute "apt-get update"

This is my update log end:
W: Target Packages (Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/00_ucs_temporary_installation.list:8 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/20_ucs-online-component.list:15
W: Target Packages (Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/00_ucs_temporary_installation.list:5 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/20_ucs-online-component.list:11
W: Target Packages (Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/00_ucs_temporary_installation.list:6 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/20_ucs-online-component.list:13
W: Target Packages (Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/00_ucs_temporary_installation.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/20_ucs-online-component.list:14
W: Target Packages (Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/00_ucs_temporary_installation.list:8 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/20_ucs-online-component.list:15
W: Target Packages (Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/00_ucs_temporary_installation.list:9 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/20_ucs-online-component.list:16
W: Target Packages (Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/00_ucs_temporary_installation.list:10 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/20_ucs-online-component.list:18
W: Target Packages (Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/00_ucs_temporary_installation.list:11 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/20_ucs-online-component.list:19 Error: Failed to execute "apt-get update"

Here’s the whole file:
upgrade.log (45.2 KB)

Does anybody have an idea why the update is not working and what I have to fix to make it working.

Kind regards and many thanks in advance,

sasa

Hey,

the file /etc/apt/sources.list.d/00_ucs_temporary_installation.list should only exist during installation, not afterwards. There have been singular reports of other people having the same issue with this file, though it’s unclear why the file was present for them.

The solution is simple enough: just remove that file (only 00_ucs_temporary_installation.list, not the other ones) and the UCS-based upgrade/installation mechanisms should stark working.

Kind regards,
mosu

Hi Moritz,

I did as you said and deleted the /etc/apt/sources.list.d/00_ucs_temporary_installation.list file and asured it is deleted. When I start the Upgrade in Univention Management Software Update page again, I get the same error log. Seems that the upgrade is downloading this file every time I start the 4.3.1-Upgrade.

I had a look into the log file and found some other errors like this:
E: The repository 'https://appcenter.software-univention.de/univention-repository/4.0/maintained/component xrdp_20150902/all/ Release' is not signed.

Maybe this is the problem? Any idea how to fix this or doesn’t it matter?

Kind regards,
sasa

Hey,

oh right, I totally overlooked that one. Component repositories are registered as UCR variables. You can search for them like this: ucr search --brief repository/online/component/

You can unset all those variables that point to said xrdp_… repository. Afterwards run ucr commit /etc/apt/sources.list.d/20_ucs-online-component.list and try the update again.

m.

Hi Moritz,

I disabled the repository and that did the trick.image

Thank you very much!

Kind regards,
sasa

You’re very welcome.

Hello Guys,

i have almost the similar problem: When i try to Update from: 4.3-3 to 4.3-4
I dont know what to do :-/
fehler%20update

Can somwbody help?

Greetz,

putty

Please don’t hijack existing threads, especially ones marked as solved. Open a new one instead. Thanks.

Mastodon