Update from 4.4-5 to a newer version

Hello,

I have installed a UCS in a virtual Proxmoxx environment. The UCS version is 4.4-5 errata817. Unfortunately, an update to a higher version (4.4-6 to 4.4-8) is not possible.

Release updates

After starting the update, the server switches to maintenance mode and starts the update. After a few minutes the progress bar will stop and no longer move. The system can no longer be reached via FTP, SSH or the web interface.
Thanks to the previous creation of a snapshot in Proxmoxx, I can reset the server again.

The error in the LOG file is: / usr / share / univention-admin-tools / univention-dnsedit: timeout while tyring to conact to ldap server

Package updates

The same problem exists with the package updates. The installation of the package starts and then hangs after a few minutes.

The following message is displayed after a few seconds:

Notes on updating

The update is carried out.

Leave the system switched on during the entire update process!

It is assumed that the system cannot be reached for up to several minutes (via web browser, SSH etc.) during the update, since services are stopped, updated and restarted.

Unfortunately, the message does not disappear and the system can no longer be reached via FTP, SSH or web interface.

The error in the LOG file is: / usr / share / univention-admin-tools / univention-dnsedit: timeout while tyring to conact to ldap server

Can someone help me here or does someone have an idea ???

Mastodon