Univention nextcloud and wordpress appliance - edit the php.ini file for wordpress site

Hey,

I’m a truly beginner with univention nextcloud and WordPress appliance, although I have an average knowledge in WordPress and hosting configuration in Cpanel

I made a fresh new install of nextcloud appliance- https://www.univention.com/products/univention-app-center/app-catalog/nextcloud/

After installation completed I have installed WordPress.

When I tried to install a theme in the WordPress admin pages or upload plugins I have got an error:

“The uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini.”

In the past when I built websites at hosts it was quiet easy for me to change the php.ini directly from the host provider for something like this:

upload_max_filesize = 256M

post_max_size = 256M

memory_limit = 512M

max_execution_time = 180

I would like to be able to control the php.ini for WordPress

however, I don’t have any knowledge how to change the php.ini for the wordpress application inside the ucs.

I can copy and paste commands with putty

Maybe the start is to switch into the container (univention-app shell wordpress) but it’s only a guess

How can I edit the php.ini of my WordPress website?

If you search for owncloud and php.ini I think you might find some helpful info. I personally don’t have any experience with wordpress in UCS. I’ve tried to steer clear of wordpress for the most part as all the people I’ve known that used it ended up having problems of some kind or another that I’ve never had with a more standard website installation. But, I get that people really like some of the features and themes they get with it. Hopefully that thread on owncloud will point you in the right direction.

Hey
I entered the php.ini with
nano /etc/php/7.0/apache2/php.ini

Then made some changes

Despites the changes i have made with putty, nothing changed in the nextcloud admin page
or in wordpress - the limit is still 2 mb

Mastodon