Univention-mtpolicyd depends on mtpolicyd which is not available

Hi there,
i’m trying to install the univention-mtpolicyd on a ucs 4.2 server with OX. Cool solution repo is enabled as well as unmaintained also. But univention-install tells me that univention-mtpolicyd depends on mtpolicyd which is nowhere available.

Any ideas?

Hey,

did you apt-get update after enabling the repositories? 'cause it works just fine for me:

[0 root@poledra ~] apt search mtpolicyd
Sorting... Done
Full Text Search... Done
mtpolicyd/unknown 2.02-3 all
  modular policy daemon for postfix
[0 root@poledra ~] apt-cache showpkg mtpolicyd
Package: mtpolicyd
Versions:
2.02-3 (/var/lib/apt/lists/updates.software-univention.de_4.3_unmaintained_4.3-0_all_Packages)
…

Kind regards,
mosu

yes i did, but now i experience something new which never happened before. If i try apt search mtpolicyd it throws a segfault, deleting of the apt cache etc. does not help.

Hey,

can you search with apt-cache search … or aptitude? All three are separate programs with separate code and might handle corrupt files (whichever they might be) differently.

m.

yes, a search with aptitude works and gives the result univention-mtpolicyd but not the mtpolicyd itself. apt-cache search the same.

Hey,

Can you check the files in /etc/apt/sources.list.d? Do they look fine to you, especially: do they contain a lot of entries with “unmaintained” in the path? On my 4.3 installation (without additional apps, without the Cool Solutions repo) the file 15_ucs-online-version.list contains 78 lines, 20_ucs-online-component.list contains 14 lines.

You should also try ucr commit /etc/apt/sources.list.d/* followed by apt-get udpate.

m.

It worked, mtpolicyd is available, but now univention-mtpolicyd is missing.

Mastodon