We are very happy to announce the availability of Univention Corporate Server (UCS) 4.3. Considerable highlights are:
- UCS 4.3 is based on Debian GNU/Linux 9 (Stretch). More than 20,000 source packages have been updated and some have been adapted to the needs of UCS users. The Linux kernel of Debian GNU/Linux is now used unmodified. This greatly improves compatibility to hardware and software which has been certified for Debian 9. Also new in UCS 4.3 are e.g. MariaDB and Nagios 4.
- The portal pages introduced with the UCS 4.2 gave users a simple way to access applications relevant to them. With UCS 4.3, administrators can easily build and manage these portals in visual composer mode and via drag and drop. It is now also possible to show different content to different users, depending on their group membership, permissions, department, branch or school.
- With UCS 4.3, SAML authentication is linked to the Kerberos login. Users logged in to Microsoft Windows or Linux (Ubuntu) can access Web applications that support SAML without re-authentication.
- The different account types for users have been simplified. There are now only three different account types with UCS 4.3:
- Normal accounts containing all features.
- Simple authentication accounts that can only connect to LDAP servers, but have no possibility to log in elsewhere.
- Address book entries for maintaining contact information.
- Samba has been updated to version 4.7. This new Samba release contains important enhancements to the Active Directory domain controller. For example, the multi process implementation of the Samba LDAP server will significantly improve performance. Additionally, replicating group memberships now uses significantly fewer resources.
Notes about release, download and documentation can be found at the following ressources:
- Release Notes
- Download for 64 Bit systems. The virtual machine images for VMware and VirtualBox and the Amazon Machine Image (AMI) on Amazon EC2 are updated to the latest version.
- UCS 4.3 Quickstart Guide
- UCS 4.3 Manual
- Information about Support for UCS
Questions can be asked here in Univention Help in the area UCS.