The first update of UCS 3.1 is available with UCS 3.1-1. The update includes several improvements, bug fixes and new features. Numerous improvements affect Univention App Center, the usability in the UCS management system and the Active Directory compatible functionality of Univention Corporate Server (UCS) with Samba 4.
Excerpt from the changelog:
- Extensive improvements in Univention App Center
- Extensive improvements concerning the usability of the UCS management systems on mobile devices like tablets
- Feedback function in UCS management system for direct user feedback
- Users can provide direct feedback to Univention with a feedback button in the UCS management system.
- Update of the Debian basis of UCS to the Debian 6.0.7 point update
- Update to Samba 4.0.3
- Besides the pre-installed VMware image Univention now provides a pre-installed VirtualBox image for download
- Update for the Linux kernels to version 3.2.39
- New DVD ISO files for i386 and amd64 are provided. They already include all errata updates up to UCS 3.1-1.
- Update for the Amazon Machine Image (AMI) Univention Corporate Server (UCS) 3.1 (official image) rev. 5 in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) in the zones us-east-1, us-west-2, us-west-1, eu-west-1, ap-southeast-1, ap-northeast-1, ap-southeast-2, sa-east-1
- UMC module to view the configuration of Bridges, VLANs and Bonding
A complete list of all changes as well as detailed information can be found in the release notes
The update can be loaded by using the online repository either via UCS management system with the module "Online Updates" or via command line with the command "univention-upgrade". Further update possibilities are described in the UCS manual in chapter 7.5.5.