The forth update of UCS 2.4 is available with UCS 2.4-4. The update includes several improvements, bug fixes and new features. UCS 2.4-4 is the requirement for the update from UCS 2.4 to UCS 3.0. Furthermore, UCS 2.4-4 allows the mixed operation of UCS 2.4 and UCS 3.0.
Excerpt from the changelog:
- To improve the performance of virtualized Microsoft Windows Systems with Xen, signed GPLPV drivers are distributed.
- To improve the performance of virtualized Microsoft Windows Systems with KVM, signed virtio drivers are distributed.
- Virtual machines on a not reachable virtualization host are shown in UCS Virtual Machine Manager (UVMM). It allows to migrate the virtual machines to another virtualization host and continue their operation.
- UCS 3.0 can be started as guest on UCS 2.4 with Xen. UCS 3.0 can already be virtualized with KVM on UCS 2.4.
- OpenJDK is included in the maintained repository. The Oracle Java packages cannot be distributed anymore because Oracle changed the license conditions.
A complete list of all changes as well as detailed information can be found in the changelog
The update can be loaded by using the online repository either via Univention Management Console (UMC) with the module "Online Updates" or via command line with the command "univention-updater net". Local repositories will be updated with the command "univention-repository-update net". Further update possibilities are described in the UCS manual in chapter 11.