The third update of UCS 2.4 is available with UCS 2.4-3. The update includes several improvements, bug fixes and new features.
Excerpt from the changelog:
- The browsers Mozilla Firefox 4, 5, 6 and Microsoft Internet Explorer are now supported. The AJAX library dojo has been updated to version 1.6.1.
- The editing of system critical UCR variables in Univention Management Console (UMC) is prevented. These variables can furthermore be changed with the appropriate tools.
- Samba privileges defined in UDM will also be set for users & groups in the local Samba.
- The port configuration of the LDAP servers can be defined via UCR variables and are taken into consideration in the listener-/notifier replication.
- The search for virtual machines on virtualization servers in UCS Virtual Machine Manager (UVMM) has been simplified with the implemenation of a search function.
- UVMM supports with KVM the change of CDROM/DVD- and Floppy files in running virtual machines.
- Deactivated users will no longer be included into the license check.
- New drivers and bug fixes from Linux longterm kernel (22.214.171.124) have been included.
A complete list of all changes as well as detailed information can be found in the changelog
The update can be loaded by using the online repository either via Univention Management Console (UMC) with the module "Online Updates" or via command line with the command "univention-updater net". Local repositories will be updated with the command "univention-repository-update net". Further update possibilities are described in the UCS manual in chapter 11.