We are happy to announce the availability of Univention Corporate Client (UCC) 3.0, an operating and management system for clients like notebooks, PCs or thin clients. It comprises the following highlights:
- The Ubuntu base has been updated to version 16.04. A large part of available software components are renewed: Unity 7.4, Linux Kernel 4.4, LibreOffice 5.1.4. All Univention packages imported from UCS have been updated to the version of UCS 4.1
- The default Desktop is now Unity, which allows us to provide maintenance of 5 years for UCC 3.0.
- UCC desktops are now available as 64 bit images. Thin client images are still available as 32 bit images.
- Clients report their currently installed image to the UCS management system. This allows to easily search for clients which use outdated images.
- Clients check and update their position in the UCS LDAP directory service. The move of a computer object now does not require a client rejoin.
- Images for 32 and 64 bit architecture images can be build on UCS systems that are using 64 bit architecture.
- Thin clients update their client policies persistently upon booting and save them locally, which increases robustness in case the LDAP server is not reachable during boot time.
- The RDP and Firefox session scripts can be configured to add additional program parameters, or to execute arbitrary commands, including the possibility to change the program binary.
- It is possible to activate the custom start script feature. This offers the possibility to sync scripts and other files from the image server and execute them at boot time.
Notes about the update and a detailed list of the changes can be found in the release notes
3.0 can be easily installed in the Univention App Center. It requires Univention Corporate Server (UCS) 4.1. The quick start guide
describes requirements and the installation of UCC
3.0. The UCC manual
is available in the formats PDF and HTML.
Further information about the product can be found on the Univention website: https://www.univention.com/products/ucc/.
Questions about the Univention Corporate Client can pe posted in the Univention forum in the section UCC.