Univention AD Takeover - problematic DNS domain name

I plan to migrate old AD domain (Samba 4) to UCS with AD Takeover tool. The main problem is I am not able to meet one of most important requirements: the new UCS domain controller needs to be installed with the same DNS domain name. My current AD domain DNS name looks like this: company_name.local - thus new UCS server complains on ‘_’ character during process of creating UCS domain.
Is there any walk-around for such situation ?

Maciej

Hello,
There is a workaround available:
At the UCS Installation you can accesss the bash before starting the domain setup (Press ALT-F2) and execute the following commands:

chroot /target /bin/bash
ucr set --force domainanme=“my_domain.com”
ucr set --force kerberos/realm=“MY_DOMAIN.COM”

Additionally, we will check the domain-name contraints and if they can be lifted.

Kind Regards,
Jens Thorp-Hansen

This walkaround doesn’t work for me.
I switched to the console before applying settings on confirmation screen, and issued commands (replacing “my_domain.com” with valid domain name):
chroot /target /bin/bash
ucr set --force domainanme=“fanina_sa.local”
ucr set --force kerberos/realm=“FANINA_SA.LOCAL”

I had to define different domain name on domain definition screen (as fanina_sa.local pattern was not valid) and after confirmation UCS systems 4.0 fell into infinite loop during initial configuration with message on console #4 - that some file in /etc is missing (now I don’t remember what was the name) - I tested it 4 times.
UCS 4.1 was able to complete initial configuration, but after first reboot web-based console is inaccessible (but there is an access to commandline).
There is probably most accurate log from management-console-web-server.log:

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/saml2/config.py", line 372, in load_file mod = self._load(config_file) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/saml2/config.py", line 366, in _load return import_module(tail) File "/usr/lib/python2.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 37, in import_module __import__(name) File "/usr/share/univention-management-console/saml/sp.py", line 55, in <module> with open(CONFIG['cert_file'], 'rb') as fd: IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/etc/univention/ssl/unassigned-hostname.fanina_sa.local/cert.pem'

I also tested ‘normal’ installation on this machine to eliminate specific hardware influence - creating valid domain name leads to successful domain foundation.

It looks like there should be something more to define/set. I’m looking forward for any additional tip. Maybe it is possible to force new domain name after initial configuration …

Maciej

Mastodon