We’d like to switch our UCS setup to use Active Directory synchronization, one way from AD to UCS.
I’ve build a test-setup like this:
Steps I took:
- Created the root.local forest with dc-root-1
- Created a child domain with dc-sub1-1
- Booted a fresh UCS 4.4-6 server from the UCS-VMware-Image download, went through the install pointing DNS at dc-sub1-1, set it up with a new UCS domain sub1.root.local and both the Active Directory Connection and Active Directory-compatible Domain Controller Apps.
- Rebooted the UCS server after the install because it asked for it.
- Configured an unencrypted Active Directory sync through the app, unidirectional from AD to UCS.
- Attempted to start the service, but it won’t start. Inspecting the journal from the commandline gave me this output:
root@ucs-sub1-1:~# systemctl status univention-ad-connector
● univention-ad-connector.service - LSB: Univention AD Connector
Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/univention-ad-connector; generated; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2020-09-24 12:32:44 CEST; 6s ago
Process: 7054 ExecStop=/etc/init.d/univention-ad-connector stop (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Process: 7038 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/univention-ad-connector start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
Main PID: 7052 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Sep 24 12:32:43 ucs-sub1-1 systemd: Starting LSB: Univention AD Connector…
Sep 24 12:32:43 ucs-sub1-1 univention-ad-connector: Starting Univention AD Connector:.
Sep 24 12:32:43 ucs-sub1-1 systemd: univention-ad-connector.service: PID file /var/run/univention-ad-connector not readable (yet?) after start: No such file or directory
Sep 24 12:32:43 ucs-sub1-1 systemd: univention-ad-connector.service: Supervising process 7052 which is not our child. We’ll most likely not notice when it exits.
Sep 24 12:32:43 ucs-sub1-1 systemd: Started LSB: Univention AD Connector.
Sep 24 12:32:44 ucs-sub1-1 systemd: univention-ad-connector.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Sep 24 12:32:44 ucs-sub1-1 univention-ad-connector: Stopping Univention AD Connector:start-stop-daemon: warning: failed to kill 7052: No such process
Sep 24 12:32:44 ucs-sub1-1 univention-ad-connector: .
Sep 24 12:32:44 ucs-sub1-1 systemd: univention-ad-connector.service: Unit entered failed state.
Sep 24 12:32:44 ucs-sub1-1 systemd: univention-ad-connector.service: Failed with result ‘exit-code’.
Am I missing a step in the installation process of this App?
How do I get this sync up and running? (I’m not seeing any of my test AD users in the UCS users view, so I assume it’s not working)
I’m assuming it has something to do with the PID file not being created, but have no idea how to fix this.
Any help would be greatly appriciated!