Univention 5.0 - DNS Forwarder

Hallo zusammen,
wir versuchen ein DNS Forwarder einzurichten: https://wiki.univention.de/index.php/Cool_Solution_-_DNS-Forwarding_and_subdomains

Es funktioniert nur ein paar Minutem nach den restart von Bind, danach bakommt man immer wieder folgende Fehlermeldung:
ssh server99
ssh: Could not resolve hostname server99: Name or service not known

Ist ja eventuell die Anleitung zu alt und wird inzwischen eine andere Methode verwendet?

Hi,

the only way to figure out is:

1. Use the search funcationality of this site and look especially in the “Community” forum for DNS related entries.
  2. Check the log files for named/ bind related entries and post them here.
  3. Use dig or host to troubleshoot DNS related issues.
  4. Post your configuriation here.
  5. Tell us what you have configured exactly.

/KNEBB

Hello,

I am having a similar problem. I have an UCS server (master) with domain abc.com (just an example) which acts as the DNS server for local network. How can I forward queries for subdomain xyz.abc.com to a public dns server like 8.8.8.8?

I searched the forum and saw some post suggesting to create DNS Zone for subdomain, and tried that route without success.

I wonder what is the “official” way (official = recommended by UCS) to do that? Is it the wiki page above? I see there instructions to edit bind9 config files, and I am scared that I could break things. Is there another way to do that?

Regards,
Tony

Mastodon