Unable to access user

Hello Forum,

We are new to UCS and have been experiencing a few issues. The latest involves accessing a specific user (only 5 configured so far).
With this specific user if I select the acount I receive and error, i.e.

[quote][color=#4000BF]File “/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/notifier/threads.py”, line 82, in _run
tmp = self._function()
File “/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/notifier/init.py”, line 104, in call
return self._function( *tmp, **self._kwargs )
File “/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/univention/management/console/modules/udm/init.py”, line 447, in _thread
obj = module.get( ldap_dn )
File “/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/univention/management/console/modules/udm/udm_ldap.py”, line 184, in wrapper_func
ret = func( *args, **kwargs )
File “/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/univention/management/console/modules/udm/udm_ldap.py”, line 506, in get
raise UDM_Error( get_exception_msg( e ) )

UDM_Error: too many values to unpack[/color][/quote]

If I proceed after acknowledging the error [OK] the subsequent forms associated with this user are all empty, Firstname, Lastname, User name, etc…

I cannot delete the user account either. Also if I select LDAP Directory and then select users the same error appears.

We are in the early stages of implementation and this machine is to be considered the production host. So far we have a PDC (UCS3.2-3) BDC (UCS3.2-3) and a Slave DC (3.2-3 as a file server).

Best Regards
Carl

Hello and welcome to the forum,

searching for the error message I find that it’s an elementary Python exception which is likely to occur where some code isn’t properly prepared to deal with some kind of nested multivalue data items.

Unfortunately, looking at the source code, I can’t easily dig to the point where the exception is really thrown, so I can’t see which data item triggers the exception. At one point, it ends at a wrapper code which doesn’t reveal what was wrapped here. (at least to me; perhaps the developers can see better?)

I would try to examine the data of the given user, just to find the difference to the other users.

[ul]
[li] on the DC master, the command [quote]slapcat[/quote] always dumps the full LDAP directory. Pipe the output into a file and try to compare user data field-by-field.
[/li]
[li] Increase the log level of the UDM CLI [quote]ucr set directory/manager/cmd/debug/level=4[/quote] try to trigger the error again by retrieving the given user [quote]udm users/user list --filter ‘uid=the_userid_of_the_user’[/quote] and examine the file [quote]/var/log/univention/directory-manager-cmd.log[/quote] for errors, hints or traces leading to the cause. (and don’t forget to set the debug level back to its previous value)[/li][/ul]

User management in UCS was recently enhanced by introduction of a new DC mode where the UCS directory is synchronized with a “real” AD domain. Perhaps this change introduced some marginal bugs, and you just found one. If your findings reveal which data item causes the error it can help the developers fix it.

Regards,
Frank Greif.

Mastodon