Hi,

I have this S4-Reject:

UCS rejected

S4 rejected

1:    S4 DN: CN=Console Logon,CN=Builtin,DC=company,DC=local
         UCS DN: cn=console logon,cn=builtin,dc=company,dc=local

last synced USN: 445100

This is the log entry for the reject:

20.11.2019 12:48:35.036 LDAP        (ERROR  ): Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/univention/s4connector/__init__.py", line 1553, in sync_to_ucs
    result = self.modify_in_ucs(property_type, object, module, position)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/univention/s4connector/__init__.py", line 1303, in modify_in_ucs
    res = ucs_object.modify(serverctrls=serverctrls, response=response)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/univention/admin/handlers/__init__.py", line 649, in modify
    dn = self._modify(modify_childs, ignore_license=ignore_license, response=response)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/univention/admin/handlers/__init__.py", line 1310, in _modify
    self._ldap_pre_modify()
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/univention/admin/handlers/groups/group.py", line 470, in _ldap_pre_modify
    self.check_ad_group_type_change()
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/univention/admin/handlers/groups/group.py", line 928, in check_ad_group_type_change
    raise univention.admin.uexceptions.adGroupTypeChangeLocalToAny
adGroupTypeChangeLocalToAny

Seems like Samba wants to set the AD group type to Global.
However, this seems to be impossible in UCS.
When I try it manually, I get this error in the UMC:

Notification:
The LDAP object could not be saved: The AD group type can not be changed from type local to any other type.

So, I tried the other way around and set it in Samba to Local, but in the RSAT tools the “local”-box is grey and cannot be clicked.

In the Python source code I found this link for more information about this stuff:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc755692(v=ws.10).aspx

Quite some information to digest … :frowning:

Any hints how to solve the reject?

LG,
Roland.

Mastodon