UCS Primary Domain - Logon Scripts

Hi Guys,

I have installed UCS as PDC, I have made a netlogon script and put it on the correct folder as mentioned in various places and when execute the network drive and printers map properly, however it does not work on a windows 8.1 / 10 however it works on windows server 2016 R2!

I have added it via user profile and even GPO I have same results, I am at a loss, don’t know where to go from here, even roaming profiles works, I don’t wanna use the gpo to map drives! Cuz the sharing is a bit comple in my network!

Any help would be appreciated
Imran

Hey,

I have a couple of questions. Please don’t be offended if some of those seem obvious to you — during debugging it’s important to make sure to really verfiy everything.

1. What’s the full UNC path to the logon script?
  • Are the Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 machines joined into the Active Directory domain provided by the UCS PDC?
  • Are you using the same user account on the 8.1 and 10 machines that you’ve successfully tested on 2016 with?
  • Are you sure you’re using a domain account when loggin into the 8.1 and 10 machines, and not a local account on those machines?
  • Do you mean Windows Server 2012 R2 or 2016? Because there’s no 2016 R2 yet.
  • If you log in with a domain account on the 8.1 and 10 machines, can you execute the logon script manually by entering the full address you’ve configured in the LDAP directory in the Windows Explorer address bar (e.g. \\servername\netlogon\myscript.bat)?

Kind regards,
mosu

Hi,

I got it working, reinstalled ucs and everything seems to work now!

Thx

Mastodon