UCS Portal Login not working anymore

after failed installation of wordpress I can no longer login to my UCS Portal, as seen slapd service no longer up and running -

● slapd.service - LSB: OpenLDAP standalone server (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol)
   Loaded: loaded (/etc/init.d/slapd; generated)
   Active: failed (Result: protocol) since Wed 2023-04-12 14:28:17 CEST; 10min ago
     Docs: man:systemd-sysv-generator(8)
  Process: 4934 ExecStart=/etc/init.d/slapd start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Apr 12 14:28:16 dc1 systemd[1]: Starting LSB: OpenLDAP standalone server (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol)...
Apr 12 14:28:17 dc1 systemd[1]: slapd.service: Can't open PID file /run/slapd/slapd.pid (yet?) after start: No such file or directory
Apr 12 14:28:17 dc1 systemd[1]: slapd.service: Failed with result 'protocol'.
Apr 12 14:28:17 dc1 systemd[1]: Failed to start LSB: OpenLDAP standalone server (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol).

is there possibility to reconfigure the ldap service through cli or other ways to login at my Portal ?

What does /var/log/slapd.log say?

I’m wondering why this file not exist !?

cat: /var/log/slapd.log: No such file or directory

Not sure if it’s there by default. As i like to have separate log files, it might be possible that i added the rsyslog config myself. Tbh, i don’t remember :slight_smile:

The messages should also be available in syslog.

If you want a separate log file:
Check if /etc/rsyslog.d/slapd.conf exists.
If not then create it with the following content:

if $programname == 'slapd' then /var/log/slapd.log

Then start rsyslog

Also increase verbosity of slapd according to How-To: Enable Logging in LDAP
Then try to start slapd and check your logs

this did not work for me, no log file created and no debug information in the syslog messages

If you want a separate log file:
Check if /etc/rsyslog.d/slapd.conf exists.
If not then create it with the following content:

if $programname == 'slapd' then /var/log/slapd.log
Then start rsyslog

Mastodon