UCS/OX Context's

I’m testing univention with open xchange and I created several contexts via commandline, to seperate the different domains on my ucs machine.

Is it possible to change the ox context of an existing user?
Is it possible to change the context of an user via ucs webgui?
Also how is the sync done: when I create users for ox on commandline, how do they get sync’d with ucs user manager and ldap?

Point is: I want to use the webgui of ucs to create users and assign them to different context’s.

The OX context ID user property is hidden by default. To make it editable, do the following:

• in the UMC open Domain → LDAP directory
  • navigate to univention → custom attributes → open-xchange
  • edit the object oxContextUser
  • on the UMC subpage/tab deactivate Do not show this extended attribute in the UMC
  • optionally also deactivate Do not show this extended attribute in the UMC if you wish to search in the UMC users module for users with a certain OX context

You may have to reload the UMC page now. If you open the user module, on the OX App Suite subpage/tab you’ll find a drop-down with the OX context now.

Yes, the setting is available as the user UDM property oxContext. Following the above, you’ll see it in the UMC and on the command line.
In LDAP the attribute is called oxContextIDNum.

udm users/user list --filter uid=test1 | grep oxContext
  oxContext: 10

univention-ldapsearch -LLL uid=test1 oxContextIDNum
  oxContextIDNum: 10

Both the web UI and the CLI use the same program code to read from and write into the LDAP database. It doesn’t matter which one you use.

Changes in the LDAP database trigger program code that synchronizes selected parts of the users LDAP object into the OX database (MySQL).

You can follow those LDAP modification triggered actions in the log file /var/log/univention/listener.log.
The main OX logfile is /var/log/open-xchange/open-xchange.log.0.

Greetings
Daniel Tröder

Mastodon