UCS-Join with Ubuntu 20.04

Hi@all,

is there a way to do the ubuntu-join with Ubuntu 20.04?

with best
sven

Hi,

all I can say at the moment that the feature request
Bug 51163 - univention-domain-join support for Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
has been added recently.

Best Regards,
Dirk

Hello @pixel,

we are currently testing the update to Ubuntu 20.04 internally.

What does work is upgrading from a joined Ubuntu 18.04 and then updating to 20.04, the domain join is kept. However, during the update, heimdal-clients is uninstalled, but can be re-installed by activating the universe component for focal and then reinstalling heimdal-clients. Without heimdal-clients LDAP users can’t log in (neither online nor offline).

As soon as the domain join client is available for Ubuntu 20.04 I’ll update this thread.

Cheers,
Timo

3 Likes

Can I ask what you mean by this?
I joined a fresh Ubuntu 20.04 machine using SSSD, and after enabling mkhomedir pam module I was able to login into the machine using a domain account no problem.

I update my Ubuntu 19.10 (was joinded). After the Upgrade the folloing heimdal packages was installed:

root@lt001:/home/s.gehr# dpkg -l | grep heimdal
ii  heimdal-clients                            7.7.0+dfsg-1ubuntu1                        amd64        Heimdal Kerberos - clients
ii  libasn1-8-heimdal:amd64                    7.7.0+dfsg-1ubuntu1                        amd64        Heimdal Kerberos - ASN.1 library
ii  libgssapi3-heimdal:amd64                   7.7.0+dfsg-1ubuntu1                        amd64        Heimdal Kerberos - GSSAPI support library
ii  libhcrypto4-heimdal:amd64                  7.7.0+dfsg-1ubuntu1                        amd64        Heimdal Kerberos - crypto library
ii  libhdb9-heimdal:amd64                      7.7.0+dfsg-1ubuntu1                        amd64        Heimdal Kerberos - kadmin server library
ii  libheimbase1-heimdal:amd64                 7.7.0+dfsg-1ubuntu1                        amd64        Heimdal Kerberos - Base library
ii  libheimntlm0-heimdal:amd64                 7.7.0+dfsg-1ubuntu1                        amd64        Heimdal Kerberos - NTLM support library
ii  libhx509-5-heimdal:amd64                   7.7.0+dfsg-1ubuntu1                        amd64        Heimdal Kerberos - X509 support library
ii  libkadm5clnt7-heimdal:amd64                7.7.0+dfsg-1ubuntu1                        amd64        Heimdal Kerberos - kadmin client library
ii  libkadm5srv8-heimdal:amd64                 7.7.0+dfsg-1ubuntu1                        amd64        Libraries for Heimdal Kerberos
ii  libkafs0-heimdal:amd64                     7.7.0+dfsg-1ubuntu1                        amd64        Heimdal Kerberos - KAFS support library
ii  libkrb5-26-heimdal:amd64                   7.7.0+dfsg-1ubuntu1                        amd64        Heimdal Kerberos - libraries
ii  libotp0-heimdal:amd64                      7.7.0+dfsg-1ubuntu1                        amd64        Heimdal Kerberos - OTP support library
ii  libroken18-heimdal:amd64                   7.7.0+dfsg-1ubuntu1                        amd64        Heimdal Kerberos - roken support library
ii  libsl0-heimdal:amd64                       7.7.0+dfsg-1ubuntu1                        amd64        Heimdal Kerberos - SL support library
ii  libwind0-heimdal:amd64                     7.7.0+dfsg-1ubuntu1                        amd64        Heimdal Kerberos - stringprep implementation

it all seems to work out

Any news on the subject?

Hi @roland.gsell,

not yet.

Cheers,
Timo

New Join Client is out and works: https://github.com/univention/univention-domain-join
Tested on 2 Systems. Lubuntu, and KDE Neon. Upgrade and fresh installation.

It is working, but on every system i get this errors in Systemd?

systemctl --failed
 UNIT                 LOAD   ACTIVE SUB    DESCRIPTION                               
● sssd-nss.socket      loaded failed failed SSSD NSS Service responder socket         
● sssd-pam-priv.socket loaded failed failed SSSD PAM Service responder private socket
● sssd-pam.socket      loaded failed failed SSSD PAM Service responder socket         
● sssd-sudo.socket     loaded failed failed SSSD Sudo Service responder socket

Could i disable this? Is there something wrong?

I’ve also tested the manual method with: https://docs.software-univention.de/domain-4.4.html
And it is the same Result.

This is caused by the option “services” in sssd section in the /etc/sssd/sssd.conf. This option conflicts with the sssd socket units.