UCS 5.0 always start with setup screen

Hi All!

Today I installed a new UCS 5.0 server in a Proxmox VM from the official UCS 5.0 install ISO.

At first, the installation never ended (I confugured 2 NICs and used the second for installation with DHCP), stalled at 92% for hours.
I installed it again (using the first NIC with manual settings) and the installation succeeded. I choosen the “Create a new UCS domain” option and set up the domain, which finished OK. Then I restarted the server (VM), and installed some apps from App Center (after successful licence activation).

My problem is that the system always start with the domain setup screen on the console, and on the web interface from a desktop browser, too. Also, the firefox-esr process always uses 10% CPU on a 8-core VM…
If I manually add the /univention/management or /univention/portal URI-s in the browser, the appropriate pages appear and I can manage the system. But why it thinks that I have to configure the domain when I already configured it (and added the Samba AD package on top of it, for example).
If a user navigates to https://myserver.mydomain, he/she get the domain setup page, not redirected to somewhere a user may want to go…

Another problem, which is not important, but the existence of the problem is important, that in the App Center, every icon is missing, I get 404 for all the SVG files in the browser. This is a new clean install…

Can anybody help me how can I suppress the setup screen and inform UCS that I already set up the domain thing?

At first, the installation never ended (I confugured 2 NICs and used the second for installation with DHCP), stalled at 92% for hours.

You can switch to the other consoles during installation with Ctrl-Alt-F2…F9. You should be able to already login with the credentials you configured. Running a ps axfu should print a process list which might tell me more on where the process is stuck. The logfile /var/log/univention/setup.log might also provide more information.

My problem is that the system always start with the domain setup screen on the console, and on the web interface from a desktop browser, too.

“Univention System Setup” (USS) should deactivate itself once it finished successfully. It should set the UCR variable system/setup/boot/start to false and should uninstall the package univention-system-setup-boot. Please login as user root and run these commands to check the state:

/usr/sbin/ucr search system/setup/boot apache2/startsite
dpkg -l univention-system-setup univention-system-setup-boot

in the App Center, every icon is missing, I get 404 for all the SVG files in the browser

Obviously should not happen. Maybe something went wrong with the network configuration.

All in all these look like many small issues which all should not happen. Maybe it would be best to throw away that broken installation and start from scratch as there may be more lingering problem and finding them and fixing them one-by-one is too much effort.

Mastodon