UCS 5.0-4 has been released
With Univention Corporate Server 5.0-4, the fourth point release for Univention Corporate Server (UCS) is now available.
UCS 5.0-4 provides several feature improvements and extensions, new properties as well as various improvements and bugfixes. Here is an overview of the most important changes:
• Update to Samba version 4.18.3
• The portal can now display announcements, which you can use to notify users of upcoming maintenance windows, for example.
• The Univention Management Console server and web server have been merged into a single executable. The implementation now uses Tornado instead of the UCS specific Python Notifier implementation.
• All remaining code has been fully migrated to Python 3 and prepared for the update to Python 3.11 with UCS 5.2.
• The integration of Keycloak with UCS improved. Furthermore, Keycloak is scheduled to replace SimpleSAMLPHP in the upcoming UCS 5.2.
• UCS 5.0-4 includes various security updates, for example for apache2, OpenSSL, Linux, ClamAV, PostgreSQL and MariaDB.
Notes about the release, download and documentation can be found at the following resources:
- Release Notes
- Download for x64 architecture. The virtual machine images for VMware and VirtualBox and the Amazon Machine Image (AMI) on Amazon EC2 are updated to the latest version.
- UCS 5.0 Quickstart Guide
- UCS 5.0 Manual
- Information about Support for UCS
Questions can be asked at Univention Help in the UCS category.