With Univention Corporate Server 5.0-3, the third point release for Univention Corporate Server (UCS) is now available.
UCS 5.0-3 provides several feature improvements and extensions, new properties as well as various improvements and bugfixes. Here is an overview of the most important changes:
- The program
univention-support-infois now included with the distribution. It can be used to collect useful information from the system when a support case is opened with Univention GmbH.
- Several new modules have been added to the UMC module System diagnostic and some existing ones have been improved. For example several Univention Configuration Registry Variables now have type information, which can be used to validate their values. Individual modules can also be disabled in case of false positives.
- Group membership is now maintained using the OpenLDAP overlay module
memberof, which improves performance in large environments.
- Operational LDAP attributes can now be visualized in the Directory Manager.
- The program
univention-keycloakwas added to support the new App Keycloak, which can be installed from the App Center to provide Single Sign On.
- This Univention Corporate Server release is based on Debian 10.13 Buster.
- Various security updates have been integrated into UCS 5.0-3, for example for Samba4, Squid, BIND9, PostgreSQL and Dovecot.
Notes about the release, download and documentation can be found at the following resources:
- Release Notes
- Download for x64 architecture. The virtual machine images for VMware and VirtualBox and the Amazon Machine Image (AMI) on Amazon EC2 are updated to the latest version.
- UCS 5.0 Quickstart Guide
- UCS 5.0 Manual
- Information about Support for UCS
Questions can be asked at Univention Help in the UCS category.