UCS 4.4 Upgrade failure

Just trying to upgrade a UCS 4.3-3 Errata 477 instance to UCS 4.4-0. The upgrade fails and the updater.log file output is as follows:-

Starting univention-upgrade. Current UCS version is 4.3-3 errata477

none
Checking for release updates:                           found: UCS 4.4-0
Starting update to UCS version 4.4-0 at Sat Apr 13 11:14:29 2019...
Starting update to UCS version 4.4-0
13.04.19 11:14:30.321  DEBUG_INIT
**** Starting univention-updater with parameter=['/usr/share/univention-updater/univention-updater', 'net', '--updateto', '4.4-0', '--silent']
Version=4.3
Patchlevel=3
starting net mode
--->DBG:update_available(mode=net, cdrom_mount_point=/media/cdrom, iso=None)
Checking network repository
Update to = 4.4-0
**** Downloading scripts at Sat Apr 13 11:16:42 2019
Error: Update aborted due to configuration error: Configuration error: host is unresolvable
exitcode of univention-updater: 1
ERROR: update failed. Please check /var/log/univention/updater.log

That sort of looks to me like an unavailable repository host. Has anyone seen similar error or behaviour on 4.4-0 upgrade?

Not really — “host is unresolvable” means that the DNS resolution of the host name failed. At that point the updater tries to retrieve the following script:

https://updates.software-univention.de/4.4/maintained/4.4-0/all/preup.sh

You should check if you server can download it, if it can resolve the host name etc.

If it can, simply try to restart the upgrade.

Thanks Moritz,

I can certainly download that script now. I will try the upgrade again when I have an appropriate window to do so.

Yes, on re-attempt the upgrade proceeded normally & completed successfully. So it seems it was, as you suggest, a temporary name resolution failure.

Hi guys.

I am facing a similar problem and unable to update from 4.4-3 to 4.4.-4

log of update log:

assert self.server.access(None, '/univention-repository/')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/univention/updater/tools.py", line 709, in access
    raise ConfigurationError(uri, reason)
ConfigurationError: Configuration error: host is unresolvable
21.05.20 22:42:06.521  DEBUG_INIT
**** Starting univention-updater with parameter=['/usr/share/univention-updater/univention-updater', 'net', '--updateto', '4.4-4']
Version=4.4
Patchlevel=3
starting net mode
Error: Update aborted due to configuration error: Configuration error: host is unresolvable

content of 15_ucs-online-version.list

# An error occurred during the repository check. The error message:
#   Traceback (most recent call last):
#     File "<stdin>", line 16, in <module>
#     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/univention/updater/tools.py", line 1533, in print_version_repositories
#       for server, ver in self._iterate_version_repositories(start, end, self.parts, self.architectures, dists):
#     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/univention/updater/tools.py", line 1460, in _iterate_version_repositori$
#       for ver in self._iterate_versions(struct_pool, start, end, parts, ['all'] + archs, server):
#     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/univention/updater/tools.py", line 1416, in _iterate_versions
#       assert server.access(ver)  # patchlevel
#     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/univention/updater/tools.py", line 709, in access
#       raise ConfigurationError(uri, reason)
#   ConfigurationError: Configuration error: Network is unreachable
#

# After fixing this issue, you should rewrite this file with the following command:
#   univention-config-registry commit /etc/apt/sources.list.d/15_ucs-online-version.list
#

content of 20_ucs-online-component.list

# An error occurred during the repository check. The error message:
#   Traceback (most recent call last):
#     File "<stdin>", line 13, in <module>
#     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/univention/updater/tools.py", line 841, in __init__
#       self.ucr_reinit()
#     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/univention/updater/tools.py", line 924, in ucr_reinit
#       assert self.server.access(None, '')
#     File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/univention/updater/tools.py", line 709, in access
#       raise ConfigurationError(uri, reason)
#   ConfigurationError: Configuration error: Network is unreachable
#

# After fixing this issue, you should rewrite this file with the following command:
#   univention-config-registry commit /etc/apt/sources.list.d/20_ucs-online-component.list

I am also facing network unreachable when I try to add new apps or update apps within the web interface.

I have no clue why this is happening and spent more than 4 hours with no luck…

I do appreciate the assistance guys.

By the way. I did try all of the above! And the network is fine host can ping and is reachable from the outside.

Mastodon