With Univention Corporate Server 4.4-4, the fourth point release of Univention Corporate Server (UCS) 4.4 is now available. It provides several feature improvements and extensions, new properties as well as various improvements and bugfixes.
- UCS can now log when the last authentication on the LDAP server took place, for example when users logged on using the SAML identity provider. A use case could be the detection of accounts that are no longer in use.
- The AD Connector can synchronize Kerberos hashes from AD and thus work without NTLM hashes.
- The AD Connector now officially supports Windows Server 2019. The synchronization of changes to large groups has been accelerated by transferring only changes (new / removed members) and not always the complete list of current group members. In the context of group synchronization a memory leak has also been fixed.
- User guidance has been improved in the App Center: The number of steps required for installing apps is now displayed, the different message types appear in a clearer, uniform look and feel and have been partially combined onto a single page.
- The SAML login to the portal and apps has more configuration options, including the various links (“How to log in”, “Login without SSO”) can be customized. A new feature is a configurable link to the “Forgot password” function of the Self Service.
- Various security updates have been integrated into UCS 4.4-4, e.g. Samba, the Linux kernel and PHP.
Notes about the release, download and documentation can be found at the following resources:
Questions can be asked at Univention Help in the catgeory UCS.