We are pleased to announce the availability of UCS 4.1-2 for download, the second point release of Univention Corporate Server (UCS) 4.1. It includes all errata updates issued for UCS 4.1-1 and provides various improvements and bugfixes especially in the following areas:
- The Active Directory Connector now uses Active Directory standard interfaces for synchronizing the password hashes. Thus, the Windows password synchronization service is no longer needed.
- The update to Samba 4.3.7 includes various security updates. In addition, several issues have been fixed, for example, failed login attempts are now counted correctly.
- Several important security updates have been integrated in UCS 4.1-2, among others for Samba, Apache, OpenSSL and the GNU C Library (glibc).
- The presentation of the Apps in the Univention App Center has been improved, among others the App license terms are now displayed.
- The UMC support for mobile devices has been improved.
- The module to manage the DNS settings has been revised significantly.
A detailed list about the changes can be found in the changelog in the Release Notes
. Questions can be asked in the Univention Forum in the section UCS