We are pleased to announce the availability of UCS 4.1-1 for download, the first point release of Univention Corporate Server (UCS) 4.1. It includes all errata updates issued for UCS 4.1-0 and provides various improvements and bugfixes especially in the following areas:
- The Linux kernel has been updated to 4.1.16. This includes several security updates as well as new and updated drivers for better hardware support.
- The compatibility to Active Directory has been improved with the Samba update to 4.3.3. This includes, among others, improvements in the DRS replication and several security updates.
- UCS Virtual Machine Manager (UVMM) is now able to manage Virtual Private Clouds (VPC) in Amazon Web Services (AWS). This provides the possibility to administrate virtual machines in the EC2 region eu-central-1 (Frankfurt am Main).
- The performance of the directory service replication has been increased significantly. Thus, the join into a domain with thousands of users is much faster.
- Several enhancements in design and usability of the Univention App Center have been implemented. For example, it is now possible to navigate easily between the different Apps. Additionally, the App Center startup performance has been increased significantly.
- The compatibility to the Internet Explorer has been improved. Furthermore, the browser compatibility list has been updated. Users of older no longer supported browsers receive a notification.
- Numerous bugfixes and improvements in the area of localization and internationalization have been made so that own translations can be added easily.
- Numerous enhancements, amoung others:
[*] UVMM supports the migration of stopped virtual machines.
- Management and provisioning of Active Directory functions provided by Samba has been enhanced.
- The self service functions have been improved.
- The installer now supports the automatic setup of systems in the role domain controller master.
- Automatic monitoring of the provisioning of the built-in Active Directory via Nagios.
- Improvements on the management of the print server
- Improvements on the robustness of the LDAP replication
[li] Numerous security updates, among others for MySQL, OpenJDK or the Bootloader Grub.[/li]
[li] Extensive stability improvements among other things in the App Center, the installer, the management of Samba as well as in the UCS
[li] Usability enhancements besides the App Center also in the installer, the UCS
management system, in the updater as well as in UVMM.[/li][/list:u]
A detailed list about the changes can be found in the changelog in the Release Notes
. Questions can be asked in the Univention Forum in the section UCS