We are pleased to announce the availability of UCS 4.0-5 for download, the fifth point release of Univention Corporate Server (UCS) 4.0. It includes all errata and security updates issued for UCS 4.0-4 and provides various improvements and bugfixes especially in the areas of Active Directory compatibility and the UCS management system.
- The Linux kernel has been updated to 3.16.7-ckt20. This includes several stability and security updates.
- Diverse further security updates, amoung others for OpenSSL, Samba, NTP, GNU C library (glibc), sudo or Apache, are included.
- UCS now includes a Nagios plugin that checks the state of the Univention S4 connector. The S4 connector synchronizes users, groups etc between the leading directory service in UCS (OpenLDAP) and Samba 4 / Active Directory.
- The performance of the directory service replication has been increased clearly. Amoung others the domain join in environments with several thousand users is clearly faster.
- In the area of the UCS mail server packages there are divers detailed improvements, for example with the execution of the mail receiver policy or with setting the permissions for IMAP shared folders.
- There are more settings oportunities for the proxy server, amoung others to improve the performance in large environments.
- The synchronization of the SYSVOL share can be configured more granularly. Active Directory group policies are stored in the SYSVOL share.
- The Univention S4 Connector can now synchronize printer group policy objects. It is especially relevant and helpful for UCS@school environments.
- It is now much easier to define the kernel that should be started with the next reboot via UCR variables. The configuration via UCR is a clear simplification especially in distributed environments with many servers.
A detailed list about the changes can be found in the changelog in the Release Notes
. Questions can be asked in the Univention Forum in the section UCS