We are pleased to announce the availability of UCS 4.0-3 for download, the third point release of Univention Corporate Server (UCS) 4.0. It includes all errata updates issued for UCS 4.0-2 and comprises the following highlights:
- The mail server Dovecot has been integrated as standard IMAP/POP3 server into UCS and offers an alternative to the still available Cyrus IMAP server. More information is available in this blog article.
- The compatibility to Active Directory has been improved with the Samba update to 4.2.3. This includes, among others, improvements in the DRS replication and the printer driver handling. In addition, the join of Huawai storage systems in the Active Directory domain provided by UCS is now also possible.
- Several enhancements in design and usability of the Univention Management Console have been implemented. For example, it is now possible to use the forward and back buttons of the web browser. This allows a simpler and faster navigation in the management interface.
- LDAP filters can now be defined for LDAP policies. That means the LDAP policy applies only to the objects that match the LDAP filter. This makes it possible to use LDAP policies in an easy and generic way especially in large environments.
- The Linux kernel has been updated to the latest stable version of the 3.16 longterm kernel. This includes several security updates as well as new and updated drivers for a better hardware support.
- All security updates released for UCS 4.0-2 are included in this update. It is now also possible to redirect all HTTP requests to HTTPS by only setting an Univention Configuration Registry variable. This increases the security of the UCS system.
A detailed list about the changes can be found in the changelog in the Release Notes
. Questions can be asked in the Univention Forum in the section UCS