UCR Variable "mail/antispam/requiredhits" has no effect

I have a UCS 4.2 with Kopano installed. I have attempted to change the Spamassassin UCR Variable “mail/antispam/requiredhits” from the default value of 5.0 downward to 4.0 and restart the Spamassassin service, however incoming mail headers still show:-

X-Spam-Score: -4.699
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-4.699 tagged_above=-1000 required=5

Quite prepared to acknowledge I’m missing something small or obvious, but has anyone else had experience with manipulating this variable & could point me in the right direction please?

Hmmm, the score seems to be actually below zero which is less than the requiredhists value.

just my 2 cent

1 Like

Thanks Dirk, I probably chose a bad example to list. Here’s another:-

X-Spam-Score: 4.84
X-Spam-Level: ****
X-Spam-Status: No, score=4.84 tagged_above=-1000 required=5

In the above example the message is not tagged as spam as the score is below 5, But the UCR variable is actually set to 3.0.

So my question is more about why the UCR variable is not influencing the Spamassassin required hits value.

You have to restart the amavisd service. SpamAssassin is run as part of it:
systemctl restart amavis.service

Ahh, yes. Thank you very much. This looks better:-

X-Spam-Score: -5.005
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=-5.005 tagged_above=-1000 required=3

While I’ve got your attention regarding mail related services, I filed this bug some time ago:-

https://forge.univention.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=43555

Can you advise whether it is being considered for any work toward resolution please?

And apologies for hijacking my own thread :slight_smile:

The problem was identified and fixed. Now we have to wait for the QA. An update should be released this or next month.

1 Like
Mastodon