We are pleased to announce the availability of the first milestone of Univention Corporate Client (UCC) 1.0. Initially, only the integration into the UCS management system and an image for thin clients on i386 are provided. The image for fat clients will be released with a later milestone.
The milestone is not designated for production use and focuses on tests of hardware compatibility.
The following elements of the planned feature set of UCC 1.0 are part of this milestone:
- Prefabricated image for thin clients
- Image-Toolkit to create own UCC images
- Rollout of images to the Client
- Boot process via PXE or local from CompactFlash, harddisk or USB stick and selection over the UCS management system
- Domain join of UCC system into a UCS domain
- Management of UCC clients in the UCS management systems (e.g. policies and network configuration)
This milestone of UCC
1.0 requires the latest development release of UCS
3.1. Installation and configuration of UCS
3.1, as well as, the setup of UCC
for this milestone are described in the Univention-Wiki
Questions can be asked in the Univention Forum in the section UCC. Further information about development of UCC 1.0, schedule and feature set can be found in the wiki article mentioned above.