Ubuntu Server 20.04 can't join domain

Hello,

I am currently trying to join our domain with an Ubuntu server 20.04 LTS. I have used the domain-join-assistant from Univention. Tested both as desktop version and as CLI. Thereby I got the following error

2021-05-12 08:27:50,116 userinfo CRITICAL An error occurred: get admin DN failed with: b'ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Invalid credentials (49)\n\tadditional info: SASL(-13): authentication failure: GSSAPI Failure: gss_canonicalize_name\n'. Please check /var/log/univention/domain-join-cli.log for more information.
2021-05-12 08:27:50,116 debugging CRITICAL get admin DN failed with: b'ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Invalid credentials (49)\n\tadditional info: SASL(-13): authentication failure: GSSAPI Failure: gss_canonicalize_name\n'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/univention-domain-join-cli", line 189, in <module>
    distribution_joiner.join_domain()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/univention_domain_join/distributions/ubuntu.py", line 112, in join_domain
    admin_dn = LdapConfigurator().get_admin_dn(self.dc_ip, self.admin_username, self.admin_pw, self.ldap_base)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/univention_domain_join/utils/general.py", line 41, in root_wrapper
    return_value = func(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/univention_domain_join/join_steps/ldap_configurator.py", line 151, in get_admin_dn
    raise LdapConfigutationException('get admin DN failed with: {}'.format(stdout))
univention_domain_join.join_steps.ldap_configurator.LdapConfigutationException: get admin DN failed with: b'ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Invalid credentials (49)\n\tadditional info: SASL(-13): authentication failure: GSSAPI Failure: gss_canonicalize_name\n'

It says Invalid credentials, but the user has the permissions to add a client to the domain and the password is correct. Is there any Problem with Ubuntu 20.04?

I hope someone can help me here.

On Linux on UCS only the “administrator” can join Linuxclients to the domain. It did not help to give your user domainadmin rights. If would like to use other users to join domian on Linux, they must be able to connect via ssh to the Masterserver and the have to be local administrator rights too.

Mastodon