System Diagnostic - Critical: nsupdate & Warning: KDC unreachable

I have three UCS Samba Domains each with a; Master Domain Controller (MDC), Backup Domain Controller (BDC), and Memberserver with Kopano installed. In each of the three domains I have the following errors on at least the MDC or BDC and in one case on both the MDC & BDC. All systems are UCS 4.2-3 errata342.

The System Diagnostic reports the following errors:

Critical: Check kerberos authenticated DNS updates
Errors occured while running ‘kinit’ or ‘nsupdate’.
‘nsupdate’ check for domain myad.mydomain.net failed.
‘nsupdate’ check for domain myad.mydomain.net failed.

Warning: KDC service check
The following KDCs were unreachable: tcp mymdc.myad.mydomain.net:88

Given the two errors appear in common on the effective systems, I am thinking they are related. These errors started to show up last year (2017) after one of the updates to UCS 4.2 in the spring.

I have tried forcing the Join scripts on both the effective systems and on the MDC if not effected. The join scripts have not corrected the issue. The UCS updates to errata versions didn’t correct the issues either.

I have review several other postings on the ‘nsupdate’, but none have really helped locate the problem or the solution. I have not been able to find postings on the KDC unreachable issue.

Looking for help on how to identify each of the issues e.g. which logs to review, and which settings to review. I am thinking the KDC unreachable error might be the source of the ‘nsupdate’ error.

I am a little bit unsure but I think I have in mind the system diagnostic here reports “false positives”.
Besides of these messages do you see any other errors?

Mastodon