System can not be updated to UCS 5.0

As the new version of kopano is released now, i did the upgrades to 4.4-9 and also postgreSQL. Now i wanted to go on to UCS 5.0 and i got the following message:

The system can not be updated to UCS 5.0 due to the following reasons:

python_ucr_template_compatibility:
The following UCR templates are not compatible with Python 3:
	 /etc/univention/templates/files/etc/ldap/slapd.conf.d/80asterisk (package: asterisk4ucs-udm-schema)
See <https://help.univention.com/t/17948> for information on how to proceed with each template.

minimum_ucs_version_of_all_systems_in_domain:
The following extensions are incompatible with UCS 5.0:
	cn=univention-openvpn,cn=udm_hook,cn=univention,dc=zabrana,dc=local: [unspecified..unspecified)
	cn=univention-openvpn-schema,cn=udm_syntax,cn=univention,dc=zabrana,dc=local: [unspecified..unspecified)
	cn=63openvpn-sitetosite,cn=ldapacl,cn=univention,dc=zabrana,dc=local: [unspecified..unspecified)
	cn=guacamole,cn=udm_syntax,cn=univention,dc=zabrana,dc=local: [unspecified..unspecified)
	cn=guacamole/config,cn=udm_module,cn=univention,dc=zabrana,dc=local: [unspecified..unspecified)
	cn=64selfservice_userattributes,cn=ldapacl,cn=univention,dc=zabrana,dc=local: [unspecified..unspecified)

Error: Update aborted by pre-update script of release 5.0-0
exitcode of univention-updater: 1
ERROR: update failed. Please check /var/log/univention/updater.log

Can anyone tell me how to go on?

Thx for help!

asterisk4ucs is not being updated for some time, the App Center does not list it for 4.4 or 5.0.
The switch to 5.0 changes python from 2.x to 3.x, so the old template will not work.
You could try to upgrade the code in that file to python 3 syntax. Not sure if that will solve the problem.

I forgot to say that i don’t use asterisk and open-vpn. It would be enough to know how i can eliminate these parts of a testinstallation.

In case of asterisk i tried to do a purge but the template was not deleted.

UPDATE: I now also tried to purge open-vpn and guacamole. There are no changes to the above failure.

The problem here is that some parts of an app remain on the system (on purpose), even when the app has been uninstalled. Those parts never get updated to 5.0 compatible versions, since the app isn’t installed anymore.

To fix the openvpn part of the problem, install openvpn4ucs (version 1.1.21) and immediately uninstall it again.
The same probably goes for the guacamole app.

Here again :wink: OK i installed openvpn4ucs and removed it - it’s away now! The template of asterisk was removed by me - this message has also gone! Now there’s only the following left:

cn=guacamole,cn=udm_syntax,cn=univention,dc=zabrana,dc=local: [unspecified..unspecified)
	cn=guacamole/config,cn=udm_module,cn=univention,dc=zabrana,dc=local: [unspecified..unspecified)
	cn=64selfservice_userattributes,cn=ldapacl,cn=univention,dc=zabrana,dc=local: [unspecified..unspecified)

Error: Please check "/var/log/univention/updater.log" for details.
ERROR: update failed. Please check /var/log/univention/updater.log

In case of guacamole the command “univention-remove --purge guacamole” tells me that this programm isn’t installed. I don’t need it!

The last “cn=64selfservice_userattributes…” i don’t know if it is needed by the system.

The guacamole package doesn’t add entries to the UCS ldap. It is the guacamole app which does (and seems to have been installed here at some time).

Just try the same procedure as with openvpn4ucs: install the guacamole app and immediately uninstall it again.

I tried this but - i don’t know why - it seems to be impossible to install guacamole. I tried it in the browser (UMC) but it doesn’t finish anyway within about two hours. Then i interupt and tried the purge-command but this tells me that guacamole isn’t installed. So what else can i do?

Try the command line:

univention-app install guacamole

This way, at least, you should be able to see what is causing the install to fail in real time.

I did the univention-app install and after input of the admin-password the installation has finished. I removed the app and now there is only one failure left:

Thx for help !

UPDATE: After install and deinstall selfservice-backend the installation now seems to run. I’ll be back later !

1 Like

Hello together,

I managed updating to 5.0.2!

Thank you very much for the hard work to keep everything running!

Best regards,
Stefan

Hey there - after the update the server didn’t come up any more. I just go back to the last backup. The updater.log can be downloaded from my Nextcloud. You will be asked a password: qyP8xaHdcD. Perhaps someone can look over this to see why something went wrong. Thx.

UPDATE: The failures are all away so my server should now be ready for upgrade to 5.0.

Mastodon